Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Aqua Terra 15,000 Gauss

Votes: 18 58.1%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I so want to add a new Omega to the collection and I am very excited about the new movements they have been pushing. I got a nice look at the new Seamaster co-axial master 300 they introduced at the Basel show this year, what a great homage to the original from 1957. if you are unfamiliar go here:The Omega Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial | How to be Swell

BUT Last year they introduced the Aqua Terra 15000 Gauss which is also quite an attractive watch as well, the thing I like is the unique look of the Aqua Terra and the small highlights they did to it to make it stand out as anti magnetic. Check this one out here:Omega Aqua Terra 15000 Gauss | How to be Swell

The thing I am attracted to is the calibre 8400, which is found in both watches. I like the idea that the AT was the first Omega to have this movement you know from a collectability standpoint, but the Seamaster is an absolutely beautiful watch, and a great remake of a classic. thoughts? which do you guys prefer?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the interest of full disclosure, I already own a Seamaster 300 (Bond) so I don't reeeaaaly need another Seamaster, but lets be honest, collecting watches is never a matter of need. lol.

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
19,626 Posts
AT. Date window.

I like the collectible aspect of the black-and-yellow version, but I'd only get it as an addition to a collection. If I wanted it to be my main watch, I'd most likely wait for the antimagnetic version of one of the "normal" models later this year.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Seamaster 300 gets my vote. It is essentially the 2nd gen 15000 Gauss. It is the latest in Omega movement technology.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Since i already have a SMP 300, i would go for the AT 15,000 Gauss, i would also pick the version with the black and yellow second hand and dial highlights...I also find that anti-magnetic feature more useful compared to water resistance.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Neither go for a mans watch and get a PO, that will put hairs on your chest :)

The name is Bond, Basildon Bond I have letters after my name

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Neither go for a mans watch and get a PO, that will put hairs on your chest :)

The name is Bond, Basildon Bond I have letters after my name
if they release an anti magnetic PO I will be all over it!

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Not...even...close IMO. The Seamaster 300. Prefer the vintage design; I also don't like the yellow of the gauss and lack of a date window. The lack of a date window makes the AT a little less unique design wise IMO. I own the old AT Skyfall ( love the date window) and would never "go back" to a modern AT without the date window.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts