WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I managed to sell one of my watches and on the verge to sell another tommorow so I will have a budget of 650-700USD for a dress watch.

I was thinking of a Raymond Weil Tradition (square with small seconds and date) but I can't purchase it from thewatchery.com since they do not accept paypal for international purchases.

My other option was a Stowa Marine Original, but that's way over budget.

What other options am I looking at? The budget is 700USD, the watch can be round or square, must have a white face and blued hands, size should be over 36mm.

Thanks in advance,
Catalin Somer

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
New or used? I think you can't go wrong with an Oris. Alot of them are dressy/smart casual and are very affordable.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New or used? I think you can't go wrong with an Oris. Alot of them are dressy/smart casual and are very affordable.
Can be used (no more than 90-95%). I'll take a look at Oris. I really liked the RW but I'm really having credibility issues with thewatchery (on their website they don't accept Intl orders paid with paypal, whilst on their store on ebay they have no such issues) and I got a bunch of smart-ass responses from them and a really unpleasant attitude...

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Can be used (no more than 90-95%). I'll take a look at Oris. I really liked the RW but I'm really having credibility issues with thewatchery (on their website they don't accept Intl orders paid with paypal, whilst on their store on ebay they have no such issues) and I got a bunch of smart-ass responses from them and a really unpleasant attitude...
Oh thats a shame you got bad customer service from TheWatchery. I just ordered two from them two weeks ago and I had good service. Also take a look at seikos and hamiltons, they make nice dressy/smart casuals as well!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh thats a shame you got bad customer service from TheWatchery. I just ordered two from them two weeks ago and I had good service. Also take a look at seikos, they make nice dressy/smart casuals as well!
It's the first time I delt with them and it was really frustrating. I asked them if I can pay with paypal and they said no and why can't I pay with a CC. And when I asked them if I can buy it from their ebay store I just got this response:"correct"...

I'm thinking of a Longines at the moment:think:

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
The Longines Master Collection is really nice!!

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
If buying new, a Seiko Spirit or Orient Star, leaving you money to spare. If buying used, you might be able to find an Omega Aqua Terra Quartz in that price range.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If buying new, a Seiko Spirit or Orient Star, leaving you money to spare. If buying used, you might be able to find an Omega Aqua Terra Quartz in that price range.
I'm looking for a Swiss watch. I appreciate both Seiko and Orient more for their divers series than the elegant timepieces department (at least in this price range).

The Omega is really nice but I doubt I can find one at an attractive price.

Cheers,
Catalin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts