WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a good collector, a member of the NAWCC, really like the hi beat/high frequency watches, and I have never seen this. I got this watch about 4 months ago and it cleaned up great and is frequently on my wrist.

The dial clearly shows that it is a ETA branded watch. The cal is a ETA 2836 (28000 A/h). How prevalent and why did ETA brand their own watches?

Please any thoughts or info on this watch would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John photo.JPG photo-1.JPG

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
I have never seen an ETA branded watch before! Rare Rare Rare!!

Lemania used to self-brand some of its own movements. I suspect they were done as samples for other vendors to get interest started in new movements. This may be something similar. Dr. Ranfft dates the introduction to 1974 which looks about right for this design. Of course nowadays 28000 b/h is normal... but it wasn't in 74.

Nice bracelet too! Great find.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Not sure if it's the case here,but it might be possible. I've had this modern A.Schild 1475 mechanical alarm watch,tribute to its 50th anniversary of innovation. Manufactured by Swatch Group in the same watch-case with the same movement as it was 50 years ago, even when it doesn't exist stand - alone anymore. It was limited production to 250 pieces.

Another example I recall is tribute of Schild- Harwood watches.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,154 Posts
These watches were really rather rare. I have seen only a few pictures and from what I gather, they are prototypes or sample pieces to show vendors. M.P. Horlbeck has one by Adolf Schild with a Cal. 5007 (!) date only wrist alarm - the final movement version was of course the Cal. AS 5008 with day-date feature.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for this information. I enjoy unique movements and unique watches, guess I did well with this watch.

That AS alarm watch is beautiful. I had my grandfather's Bulova Wrist Alarm restored and I wear it for special Family Holidays. It has the Junghans movement and is incredible.

Thank you again. Any additional information would be wonderful.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts