WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mmm no I m not looking for dating service :-d
I did a big mistake tho even tho a very wise man told me " do not get your wife into vintage watches ", well i kinda did ...
I found this Automatic Geneve / Date for her but I know nothing about it.
It looks very similar to a 71 gentleman similar geneve automatic I once had, that s about all i know about it.
Anyone who could help date it ( I was thinking 70's / early 70's)
Any clue what I should pay for this one or another similar lady automatic like that ? Any idea what caliber were used in these ?
Ty in advance for any help as usual :-!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Firstly, I wouldnt take the advice of the very wise man about not letting your wife get into watches. From my perspective, it can be a great move for three reasons:

Firstly, womens vintage watches are a lot cheaper than mens because there are few collectors of them;

Secondly, once hooked, a spouse can never complain again about your collecting habits, for to do so would be hypocracy. This opens up a whole new dimension of acquisition and excess that would have hitherto been unavailable to you :) ;

Thirdly, it can actually be fun sharing a hobby, and despite the apparent myth that women aren't into engines, I believe they have the genetic material to become fully blown horological petrol-heads. Look at the trend of women in science for example.

To answer your questions, the movements in these auto Geneves in the 70s were mostly caliber 681 or the later iteration cal 684.

While I believe it is not permitted to offer valuations on this forum, these models were entry level and thus should attract not much more than the nightly price of a top room at the Holiday Inn in East Bay Street.

Cheers

Desmond

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hahaha so true Desmond thank you for your opinion that's exactly how i see it. I got her a fantastic lil hamilton art deco she loves and i stumbled across that lilGeneve. I guess it is from the 70's because of the hour batons / markers and the dial and scripts but I m noexpert so it s just a wild guess.
I m going to try and get it under 100 i have a feeling that service on sucha tiny automatic may run high ...
i think it is a lovely lilwatch init
forgive the typo when i reply from my phone my lousy typing skills get even worse :-d

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.