WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I have recently got hold of my Dad's watch. Given that he past away almost 30 years ago I will label it as a "vintage". As you can imagine this watch is very dear to me given the emotional circumstances.

I would like to learn more about the watch (ie model, year, etc etc) but unfortunately I have not been successful over the internet so was wondering if somebody know a bit about this watch?

The strap is not original. It is hand wound and on the back it just says 18K gold.

Thanks for the help! movadoLR.jpg movadoLR.jpg

Reactions: busmatt

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
Hi and welcome
Based on dial, watch looks 100% original.
You will probably need to google and search to find the exact model name/number.

When you Google, start with images.

Regards

Reactions: busmatt

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
If you service it or have a Watchmaker look at it, get pics of the movement and inside case hallmarks as those will help on the ID - if there's anything else on the outside caseback other than 18ct you referenced, describe it or post a pic.

Family watches like this have a lot of personal value - as an aside I inherited my Father's last watch as the oldest Son, and then had it pick pocketed out of my briefcase - he only had it his last few years and it wasn't vintage, but I agonised for days before realising a lifetime of experiences and half my genes are MUCH MORE important than an inanimate object - but that's the only way I could deal with it.

But with a vintage watch like this - it has much more sentimental value - so personally, from one Son to another Son - Cherish lt for a long time ! Scott

PS - one way I have tried to honour my own Father is to focus on starting to collect vintage watches - which I never did before this Family Epiphany......hope I didn't bring too much personal sentiment into your thread.

Good luck on your research !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts