WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just had this arrive at work... Approx dia 32mm. Anyone recognise the movement?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Sorry Sparcster, never saw one like this before.
Looks to be good, rugged quality though with thecounterbalanced pallet lever, wolfs
teeth winding and nice spring work to the click.

What does the dial look like?

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Radger,

Sat on a train atm. If you can cast your mind back to a little borgel signed pocket watch (exactly the same as this) with glass inner cover, you will remember the black gloss dial... Gold markers and elaborate hands.

I have a thread on it, but it's not easy search and link to this thread when using my phone.

Think it dates to early 1900s... But currently questioning if the movement/case started life together!

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Radger,

Sat on a train atm. If you can cast your mind back to a little borgel signed pocket watch (exactly the same as this) with glass inner cover, you will remember the black gloss dial... Gold markers and elaborate hands.
Off the train....

probably should have found and looked at that above mentioned thread before I said 'exactly the same'....

so... other than the size, movement and dial design... they are exactly the same!! :roll:

and here is the thread on the 'little' one.

https://www.watchuseek.com/f11/info-little-borgel-pocket-watch-i-know-very-little-839150.html

and I still know very little!

Few more pics of the new arrival...

Still living out of boxes, which took me quite a while to track down the small one... and still have not come across my screwdrivers and dont have a bench set up... so no dial side movement pics for the moment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts