WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to an cheaper alternative to a Piaget Altiplano, has to be mechanical and Swiss or German. I'm not going to wear the watch a lot, so I dont think spending $35,000 for the platinum model is justified yet (I have a long list of watches I want before that Altiplano)... assistance please.

·
Registered
810 Posts
have a look at JLC Master Grande Ultra Thin. you should be able to find one for about $7000 (non gold) and around $14000 with gold

Jaeger_LeCoultre_Master_Grande_UT_Q1358420_01.jpg
burrowed pic

·
Registered
876 Posts

·
Banned
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
12 Posts
If your wrist can accommodate 40 mm plus shouldn't you be drifting towards the VC patrimonie ultra-thin, truly ultra at 2.7 mm or so? JLC is over 5 mm though the profile design is clever making it seem much thinner. I tried on the Altiplano a few weeks ago and found the Piaget name at 3 o'clock too dominant.

·
Banned
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If your wrist can accommodate 40 mm plus shouldn't you be drifting towards the VC patrimonie ultra-thin, truly ultra at 2.7 mm or so? JLC is over 5 mm though the profile design is clever making it seem much thinner. I tried on the Altiplano a few weeks ago and found the Piaget name at 3 o'clock too dominant.
but being a VC means that it's going to cost $$$$$... the JLC costs $$$$... and I want to spend $$$$ not $$$$$ and it has to be new at that price not used. links to a website that has some for sale would be good, because I cant find it on chrono24 nor ebay.

·
Banned
133 Posts
I picked up my jlc master grand ultra thin "used "
it was rarely if ever worn and in mint condition
all boxs and papers for just 10.5K in rose gold

its wears thin looks and functions great and is extremly comfortable with the deployant clasp
I love it

dont limit yourself shop around

1 - 7 of 7 Posts