WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

A family member is a big fan of Omega's and I was planning on getting one for his birthday. Unfortunately, I don't know a whole lot about Omega's movements so was looking for some help - does the one in the link below appear genuine? I can't quite make out the ref/serial numbers shown on the photos of the inside case-back which would have helped me look for some further info myself. Any ideas would be much appreciated including the model/year, so I can look at what similar pieces have gone for recently. Thanks!

OMEGA SEAMASTER HERRENUHR EDELSTAHL HANDAUFZUG, WIE NOS on eBay (end time 04-Sep-10 18:55:35 BST)

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
Looks like the movement is real... but it looks like a redial to me.

·
Registered
315 Posts
This guys "buy-it-now" prices are pure marketing. I hope no one ever clicks on that button. However the winning bid seems reasonable. According to the description the dial is original, not redone. I think You can trust that, unless they bought it in that condition and don't know better. Anycase they'd have to take it back if not.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the responses guys (I paricularly enjoyed the "out to lunch" comment, excellent phrase!). In any event, I decided to pass on it. Not in any immediate rush to be honest, so rather not risk it. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts