·
Registered
7,776 Posts
Reactions: HOROLOGIST007

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help. Yes in fact the movements look exactly the same. Do you know if it's worth anything or is it hard to tell. The mark is of paul bovier but didn't find anything on the net about them.

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
We do not provide valuations here. Bovier manufactured watch cases, so it's not the brand of the watch anyway. I guess it's by one of the countless smaller companies which produced watches with generic movements, or a private label brand of some sort. How about the dial? No inscriptions there at all?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
how is the face/ dial? In good condition?
Of course we are folks who enjoy vintage watches, so we are generally going to tell you to get it properly serviced and enjoy it! Watches were meant to be used, not sitting somewhere whiling away eternity.

All my watches go through my rotation schedule.

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
There is an inscription. Looks like... Ado Watch? According to Mikrolisk, it was registered in 1938 in Tramelan to Les Fils d'Armand Nicolet(Sons of Armand Nicolet). Some branch of a family business, no doubt. There was also a Charles Nicolet of Tramelan- if you type that into Google Images, it will probably show you a lot of chronographs... Including a Landeron 39 signed C. Nicolet.
Looks like it's all related to this:
Armand Nicolet - Watch Wiki, The Best Watches And Watch Brands

1 - 7 of 7 Posts