WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must be the dumbest son of a gun in the world. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to change the analog hands from Daylight to Standard time. The Breitling instructions are terrible and the internet is no help.

I don't give a damn about all the digital functions of this watch--I just need to reset the analog hands back an hour.

When I was in the Air Force, I wrote lots of checklists, many for very complicated procedures. To test them out, I'd give it to a cook or mechanic to run--if they could accomplish the task, I knew it was a good checklist.

Whoever devised this awkward way of setting up the Aerospace should be flogged!

Can anyone help?

Tim

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
In position 0 (crown pushed in): turn crown until the watch is in normal (local time) mode.

Pull out crown to position 1 (one click). Digital hour and minutes will flash.

Turn crown quickly to adjust hours ahead or back (must turn quickly; time will adjust in whole hour increments).

Push crown back in.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
"TM" is the timer function. When the local time is displayed in the digital read out, and you pull the crown, it should read "T".

Which Aerospace model do you have?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure--it was a gift--it is an older one. Would the time be "T2"? The watch says Cronometre Aerospace on the dial E79362 is i think the model

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Nice gift! That is indeed the model number, check out breitlingsource.com for the manual using that model num.

"T2" is the secondary time zone function.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I may have it figured out. Since mine is an older model, it has no "T" icon--analog time is set with a blank upper screen. The Breitling instructions do not show this. I really wish that Breitling would acknowledge that not everyone is a geek and produce a manual that ordinary folks can understand. Like a checklist which assumes no basic knowledge and starts at the beginning.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Glad to hear it!

For what it's worth I have yet to see a helpful watch manual. They are too general, too thick, too translated.

I've found YouTube can be very helpful if/when some nice person has done a walk through video, usually available for popular models.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts