WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, this is my first post on this site and what a great site it is, very helpfull :)

lets start at the beggining ay, recently my fianceés grandmother needed a battery replacement for her rotary watch, she took it to a jewlers and for a price they changed the battery, she put it on and noticed a frew days later it had misted up, she took it back and they said that they would send it to rotary for a service and it would cost her £160, even though they havent done theyre job propperly, she said no and has given it to me to have a look at.
First thing i notice is the back wasnt on propperly secondly when i pulled the crown to the hand setting position the hands didnt move just a terrible clicking nois like thing wernt engaging propperly, so i opened the watch up and notice the screw by the stem is missing!!!! What the...., i removed the stem and tryed to re fit it and now the stem doesnt hold in, just falls out, also there was a tiny puddle of water behinde the battery. Anyway i have purchaced a new movement because this one is a lost cause.
i would like some advice if any one could help on how to remove the dial so i can swap it to the new movement, any help would be very much appreciated as i recon i can fix this for a fraction of the price of the jewllers who also say they had nothing to do with it being broken, LIES LIES LIES

regards, Phil

·
Registered
23,402 Posts
If it's an ETA quartz, then there should be indent which releases the stem when you pull it out. Another idea it could be the castle wheel assembly is out of place. The puddle next to battery could just be that it leaked or the person put it there, either way, it's not good. If you still have the receipt, take it back to the store and ask to speak to the manager. If they refuse to fix it, tell them you'll file a complaint with the better business bureau in your area (unless you live outside the U.S.). Good luck and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice im in the uk, i realy would like to know how to remove the dial so i can put it on the replacemnt movement i have purchaced..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts