WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am considering getting this Eterna-Matic. Could you please give me your opinion on it? Price is USD 200

Attachments

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I don't know much about Eterna, but it's a respected brand. There is a little corrosion on the movement, especially on the winding wheels. The dial doesn't necessarily look like a re-finish, although I can't tell what is going on with those dots on the circumference.

That said, if it is running correctly, that price doesn't seem too high

·
Registered
734 Posts
It looks like a re-dial to me; there should be a double lume dot at 12, and single lume dots at each other hour marker, otherwise why have lumed hands? Also the eterna-matic font does not look correct, close but not like this example;

John

·
Registered
741 Posts
i would pass on this if i were me. and i am.

the dial looks redone. badly. the crown and hands look incorrect. one of the lugs looks bent, although that may be the angle of the photo. for $200, you can get a nicer example.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Hi João Paulo,

i would pass on this if i were me. and i am.
:):):):):):)

I'd not even touch it - afraid of eczema an becoming blind when looking at the dial.

Seriously: Eternas of that time belonged to the most durable watches, and almost all are more or less near mint, at least the well protected movement. No need to buy such a ruin though.

Have a look into my archive: bidfun-db Archiv: Armbanduhren
If you enter "eterna" in the search box, you'll get a feeling how an Eterna should look. And believe me, I didn't pick out the very best - it is simply the average.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

1 - 5 of 5 Posts