WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I'm new to the old watch scene. I tend to go for new watches that are based on an old design. However, after a lot of months looking around for something different, I opted for a military style aviator watch. I finally found a cheap Fleiger Chrono on ebay.

So, I have a question or two. I don't know anything about the history of this watch, I just liked the way it looked. Would anyone be able to enlighten me?

How do you think it should look? At the minute, the hands are roughly the same colour as the dial and this makes it difficult to read (especially as my eyesight isn't what it once was) Do you think they should be lumed? Should the numbers also be lumed? What colour should the subdial and chrono hands be? Should the pushers be chrome? I don't want to totally change the watch but a few sympathetic changes to restore it and make it easier to live with would be nice.

Do you have any recommendations for who would service and do these changes in the uk?

I also want to change the strap. I really like the Stowa Airman original strap but it won't fit as this watch is an 18mm lug width. Is the Jürgen NATO vintage strap similar to the Stowa Airman Original? I think my choices are either this or the Jürgen IWC styled 'Big Pilot' strap. Unless you have any suggestions?

Thanks, 1iswell

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts