WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys/girls how are you doing?
Just came back from a champing trip with friends. Anyway Christmas is just around the Conner and I was thinking about buying a G-5600RB for my little brother. I have read a lot of threads about Casio problems with the CLT1616, as you guys would have known the G-5600RB is loaded with this. I would not worry too much about this problem but as this watch doesn’t come with a warranty. I would also hate to give my little brother a watch with problems. I was also hoping you guys can tell me a little bit about the black spot series and why it came about.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,590 Posts
Hi Mick no:8,

The Black Spots G-5600RB-1JF is a somewhat older G-Shock model withthe CLT-1616. I have not heard problems with the ltd. ed. models with this cell. It seems that the bad batch was mostly used for the basic GW-300 and basic G-5600 that was released earlier.

If the cell eventually might fail it shouldn't be a complete disaster if you have a Casio Service centre in the neighborhood. I got a CLT1616 replaced once (in my GW-300) and it costed me €16,-. I the U.S. it will cost you seemly more, unless you order a CLT1616 cell and do it yourself like is shown in the How to... sub-forum.

Cheers,

Sjors

1 - 2 of 2 Posts