WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
The best quality zulu/nato straps that I have purchased were from Holben's Fine Watch Bands @ ebay. Straps are made in Germany but he carries a large inventory. 1.9mm thick as compared to 1.5mm Maratec (nice straps too). Their customer service is fantastic!

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The best quality zulu/nato straps that I have purchased were from Holben's Fine Watch Bands @ ebay. Straps are made in G
ermany but he carries a large inventory. 1.9mm thick as compared to 1.5mm Maratec (nice straps too). Their customer service is fantastic!

Thanks for the reply. Just orded black/grey to test pne out!

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
I like Panatime's 5 ring nato's. I bought a Maratac and it was good quality, but the Panatime ones were softer.

Neil

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
just thought i'd throw this out there for other's benefit- Jake B. and i had an email exchange this morning and he just got a shipment of 2 and 4 ring ZULUs in today. they're made by the same factory that supplies a well known brand in Cali. hit 10watches.com and click the -nato strap- link in the webstore

·
Banned
533 Posts
Just saying, if you want to save some money, Ron @ International Watchman (IWI) is the supplier for Holbens Fine Watchstraps AFAIK. Same strap, half the price. High quality and Ron is a good guy in my experience.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Great thread. I've been looking all over for 24mm options and it isn't easy to find some colorations or features (like PVD hardware).

Also, I've been looking at some of the canvas/velcro style straps. Love the Gas Gas Bones and Badger Bones stuff, but the price is so steep. Anyone have a cheaper alternative for that style of strap?

I saw that Panatime just added a 24mm velcro strap, but it looks like a 2 piece, and I was hoping to get a 1 piece.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Just saying, if you want to save some money, Ron @ International Watchman (IWI) is the supplier for Holbens Fine Watchstraps AFAIK. Same strap, half the price. High quality and Ron is a good guy in my experience.
THIS is a great bit of info. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,949 Posts
Also, I've been looking at some of the canvas/velcro style straps. Love the Gas Gas Bones and Badger Bones stuff, but the price is so steep. Anyone have a cheaper alternative for that style of strap?
BandRBands.com has a very nice velcro strap that is 30 bucks with SS buckle. I don't like straps generally, but am getting a few of these for my divers.

Check it out: B and R Bands - Nato Canvas

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
These are 2 piece?
Yes, the B and R Velcro bands are 2-piece. They almost look like a 1-pc but they are not. I wanted a 1-pc too but didn't want to pay the price for a Gasgasbadgerbones. I actually like the way the B and R fits--be/c it is a 2-pc it doesn't add any extra height to the watch. The strap is very comfy too. The bands only come in 24 mm widths but I was able to squeeze it onto the 22 mm lugs of my SKX009.

·
Registered
21,068 Posts
How long are these? I like the Maratacs, since they're about 12 inches long and fit very comfortably with a good fold, but they don't have 24mm straps. I have a couple of 24mm NATOs, and they're just too short.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I ordered 2 Zulu and a Nato from Ron at IWI today. I'll let you know when they get here.
Forgot to follow up.

I wasnt happy with the Zulu or Nato that I received from International Watchman. Felt cheap. Started fraying at the holes within a week or so of wear. I guess you get what you pay for.....not sure how anyone can call these things high quality. Spend the few bucks more for the real deal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts