WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HI, can anyone help me please with a HUBLOT watch.
I have just been given from my father in-law a Hublot MDM geneve 25 jewels watch, i dont know anything about watches myself but i have been told by a friend it may be a genuine watch and not a fake, there is a few scratches on the side of it which i think it may be a gold plated watch.

If theres anyone who can give me any info that would be great.

Many thanks.

Chris.

Attachments

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,041 Posts
Welcome to WUS. I know nothing about that brand. If you are looking to verify the authenticity of a Hublot your best chance would be to take it to an authorized dealer.

You may want to compare your watch to the numerous online images in the link below. I can't tell much of anything from your unfocused pictures. However one thing I did notice is that there are very few MDM's online with a display back. And those few with a display back show off a well decorated movement. The movement in your watch strikes me as plain, simple design and un-decorated. You may want to determine if Hublot made gold plated watches. I would have expected solid gold.

Lastly, as a guy with a few decades of marriage under his belt I would caution you to be very careful when verifying the authenticity of a gift from a family member. That bit of news would not be welcome in many families.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hublot+mdm&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=H49zU7jvCYWVyAS45YHoDw&ved=0CDwQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=653#imgdii=_

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Fake. Even through the blurry pic I can see the movement is Chinese, which Hublot didn't use. Also, those straps were not attached to the watch case like that. I'd link a pic, but I dont want to encourage better fakes. The gold watch would have a gold deployment as well.

I suggest you try a little harder before trying to sell it to some sucker.

Also, IBTL.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
If I am not mistaken (it is hard to tell from the picture) that "Hublot" has a Guangzhou DG28 (or possibly a Nanning NN28, both are manufactured in China) movement, which means it is not genuine. I don't know anything about Hublot but I have a feeling they never used $5 Chinese auto movements.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
even without looking at the chinese movement, this is way too crude to be a real Hublot, no way, here is for example the clasp on the genuine :

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.