WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Goodmorning to everyone

I recently found an old watch to one of my grandmas closets
It has printed on the front of it: " Couros automatic 25 Jewels Incabloc Swiss Made "
And on the back:"all Stainless Stell waterresistent automaticantimagnetic incabloc " and a serial 6147

does anyone have a clue of the brand ? How old is it ?

I forgot to say that it fully functional and that it also displays the day
Thanks a lot in advance

edit: removed the price question just read the forum rules :)

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Hi.

I haven't heard of Couros and its not a brand listed in any of the usual places (http://forums.watchuseek.com/f295/trademark-look-ups-364475.html).

However, this is not uncommon - I have several watches with totally unidentifiable brands. The fact that it is automatic with a date window would suggest that it dates from the late 60's, 70's, or maybe later. The term water resistant, rather than waterproof, also suggests post 1971 (ish). A picture would help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi.

I haven't heard of Couros and its not a brand listed in any of the usual places (http://forums.watchuseek.com/f295/trademark-look-ups-364475.html).

However, this is not uncommon - I have several watches with totally unidentifiable brands. The fact that it is automatic with a date window would suggest that it dates from the late 60's, 70's, or maybe later. The term water resistant, rather than waterproof, also suggests post 1971 (ish). A picture would help.

Thank you so much. Maybe is a swiss company wich produced a poule of watches and then closed :) :)

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Possibly. Or it could have been a promotional piece, or a retailer's house brand. Couros is Portuguese for leather BTW.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't knew that :thanks

In Ancient Greek Couros means young man, and ussually statues of young men are also named couros ;-);-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts