WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to this forum and need help with any information anyone can provide on a watch that i received while deployed to iraq last year. the watch is an open face key wind with ancre 15 rubis marked on it. it has a serial number on the inside of the case and on the inside of the dust cover. I had it serviced and it runs very well and keeps excellent time but I would like to know more about it. I am posting pictures in hopes that this will help identify it. thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
Finger bridges like this are a common 19th century Swiss arrangement. 15 jewels makes it a high grade movement. Unfortunately Swiss watches of this vintage are often pretty generic. Others may know more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finger bridges like this are a common 19th century Swiss arrangement. 15 jewels makes it a high grade movement. Unfortunately Swiss watches of this vintage are often pretty generic. Others may know more.
Thanks for the information, really trying to get an stinated date range...

·
Moderator Public Forum
21,915 Posts
Thanks for the information, really trying to get an stinated date range...
Stinated??

Glad to read that it is running and being used. It looks like late a 19th maybe very early 20th century swiss watch with a key wind key set movement. The inner cover appears inscribed - does it have any useful information? Is the case marked for gold content - .58, .75, rolled gold, etc? Does it have a case maker name?

Swiss watch companies made unbranded watches for jewelers to rename as their house brand.

I have read that the Ancre description on a movement refers to the movement being a swiss lever design. I'm not sure I completely buy that description since ancre translates to anchor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stinated??

Glad to read that it is running and being used. It looks like late a 19th maybe very early 20th century swiss watch with a key wind key set movement. The inner cover appears inscribed - does it have any useful information? Is the case marked for gold content - .58, .75, rolled gold, etc? Does it have a case maker name?

Swiss watch companies made unbranded watches for jewelers to rename as their house brand.

I have read that the Ancre description on a movement refers to the movement being a swiss lever design. I'm not sure I completely buy that description since ancre translates to anchor.
Thank you, yea I was trying to say estimated date: there are no other markings on the watch excpet a V/R on the movement that I was told refers to Fast and slow. The case has a serial number on the inside with the same serial number on the inner case. The inscription says" 15 Rubis Ancre". Thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts