WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please help. I recently got an omega movement with a square dial and gold coloured dial. It has the omega logo and name at the top and Swiss made at the bottom but above the number 6 position is the quartz name. I've never seen a omega watch with the quartz name on it. Is this a fake or was there such a dial like this. It is a small movement, can anyone help me with this question please

·
Registered
8,410 Posts
Can't really help you unless you post pictures.

Not clear what you mean by "quartz name".

The word "quartz"?

Omega certainly put that word on dials for some watches that used quartz movements.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Without pictures, it's like identifying a needle in a haystack.

cheers,
Jake.

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
That sounds about right. A small movement from the period in which quartz was cool enough for Omega to shout about it. The movement is uncased implying that it was in a gold case from which it has been untimely ripp'd and thus that it was more likely to have been the expensive option of the two possible movements. Based on that I'd say it's probably a Cal.1350.

Or it could just be a fake. How can you tell without a photo?

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
There you go: your movement! (or at least one that precisely fits your description, just happens to be selling on ebay and doesn't have goot enough photos to be able to tell the calibre number. Cynical, Me?

Needle found in haystack.

Like I said: 1350.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.