WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I recently acquired this lovely little pocket watch at an estate sale. It caught my eye and I had to have it! Now I would like to learn more about it if possible.
Any input would be most appreciated. Watch Pocket watch Fashion accessory Jewellery Analog watch Watch Pocket watch Fashion accessory Wrist Analog watch Fashion accessory Finger Amber Body jewelry Jewellery Watch Pocket watch Fashion accessory Watch accessory

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,420 Posts
Welcome to Watchuseek. You have a lady's pendant watch (usually worn from a long, thin chain around the neck) from ca. 1900 give or take a bit. It is pin set - to set the time, you wind the crown while simultaneously pushing in the pin on the case next to the winding stem. It has a low to moderate quality cylindre escapement with what looks like 10 jewels in the movement to minimise friction, the maximum for a watch of that type.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
If you are planning to use this - very pretty - watch it will need a service. Running it without could cause it damage as the oils will, most likely, be dried up by now. The regulator is pushed way over to the left - a sign that attention is needed.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts