WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi! I'm a first time poster in the g-shock forum. Today I got my 2nd g-shock which is an atomic solar model(GW5525A). I would like it to sync with the atomic clock but I'm not sure if it has good reception inside the house. How can I tell if there is enough reception signal for it to sync?

I don't have the manual and I guess the original tin can too as I've seen some posts that this watch came with a limited edition can plus a dog tag. I got it from JC Penney, it was on %40 off clearance plus 20% off plus $10 off, so it was $52.XX plus tax. I thought it was a good price for the features it has even without the manual and tin can. The saleslady can't find them, she even tried to put it in an AZ branded box but I asked her to at least give me a regular g-shock box which she did:-d.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sounds like the same JCP deal I got on my MTG-960DA.
In regards to atomic signal the manual will tell you how to manually sync and you can tell if you get signal.
I get signal in my home only at night and next to a window. It really depends on your surroundings.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
you need to set right time and world time as right time and leave it which time zone you are in and it should get atomic working and it's an good deal on the watch as good price.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help! I was able to manually sync it. I will leave it on the same spot where I did manual sync and see if it automatically syncs, then I'm all set.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Thanks for the help! I was able to manually sync it. I will leave it on the same spot where I did manual sync and see if it automatically syncs, then I'm all set.
I'm lucky in that it doesn't matter where I put my atomic, or whether I'm wearing it or not, it syncs perfectly every time, every day. IT may be worth doing tests around the house to see just how well it does. Nice catch by the way and as Mansrow has given you the PDF link, you should be fine. :-!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I forgot to leave it by the window where I did the manual sync. But when I checked it this morning it sync'd at 4:05AM so signal is good while wearing it on bed. I guess I'm all set. Thanks for the help and quick responses!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
That's great to hear Fonzi, the signal is always better at night so it looks like you're going to be fine, nice one! :-!

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Good catch! Wear it well. I find my atomics sync quite well, unless I am buried in a hotel somewhere.

P.S. Need some wrist shots!:-!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts