WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I really need your help on this. I bought a Tissot PRC200 quartz on Amazon last month. I never noticed any accuracy issues with it.

Yesterday morning, I set my watch to an Atomic time on the internet. Subsequently, I worked about 14 hours on my laptop wearing my watch.
This morning, I was surprised to find my watch running 5 minutes fast!!!

What does this mean? Is it the laptop? What should I do? Thanks

God Bless

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Well, the atomic clock may be out, but more likely the battery is starting to run down on your watch?!!

When your watch arrived, was the crown in and the watch running??

Try another timing source just to be sure, but I'd say it was the battery!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the atomic clock may be out, but more likely the battery is starting to run down on your watch?!!

When your watch arrived, was the crown in and the watch running??

Try another timing source just to be sure, but I'd say it was the battery!
I bought the watch new from Amazon. The crown was in when I bought it. I can't imagine that batteries going out at 1 month though.

God Bless

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I bought the watch new from Amazon. The crown was in when I bought it. I can't imagine that batteries going out at 1 month though.

God Bless
The watch was new, but if the crown was in and the watch was running, who's to know how long it's been like that??

You'd still think a battery would last longer tho??

If you know how to, and are happy to take the caseback off, then you can get a battery cheaply on Ebay and replace it yourself.....otherwise take it to a jewellers, but be prepared to pay more for it!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts