WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Still debating what to buy. My search has led me towards Oris. I did initially like there Aquis model, however the fact that it has 'non' standard lugs is a deal breaker for me.

This leaves me looking at the Oris Pointer Day Date & Oris Big Crown. Some posts online claim that movements in these watches are noisy? I currently wear my Seiko Sport 5 Auto would it be nosier than 7S36 movement in this watch?

Appreciate any answers :)

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have the divers 65, which has a similar movement to these watches. I wouldn't call it "noisy" but the rotor is more audible than the 7s36. Either way though, I wouldn't let that effect my decision on wanting a watch. Oris would be a huge step up from your seiko 5

·
Registered
36,279 Posts
Have the 7s36 in several different watches and 3 Oris with Sellita inside and believe the rotor on each Sellita is about the same subdued level as the Seiko movement. They are not noticibly noisier.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi I posted on another thread this question wondering if you ORIS guys know the answer...

"I saw the PRO PILOT 45mm day date version, the crown seemed ok, however next to it was a Oris big crown pointer and the crown seemed alot longer on that maybe 6mm in length the diameter was slimmer. that but it was a 41mm. I have tried searching the net for crown dimensions but no luck. I just want to know if the crown size of 7 X 4 on the 45mm is the same on the 42mm version on the date only pro pilot."

Thanks....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi I posted on another thread this question wondering if you ORIS guys know the answer...

"I saw the PRO PILOT 45mm day date version, the crown seemed ok, however next to it was a Oris big crown pointer and the crown seemed alot longer on that maybe 6mm in length the diameter was slimmer. that but it was a 41mm. I have tried searching the net for crown dimensions but no luck. I just want to know if the crown size of 7 X 4 on the 45mm is the same on the 42mm version on the date only pro pilot."

Thanks....
I would recommend you reconsider ORIS, my Big Crown Pro pilot is back for the second repair and I have only had it 8 months. ORIS USA are also refusing to pay me the shipping and insurance to their sole repair facility in MA. Buyer be aware.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I would recommend you reconsider ORIS, my Big Crown Pro pilot is back for the second repair and I have only had it 8 months. ORIS USA are also refusing to pay me the shipping and insurance to their sole repair facility in MA. Buyer be aware.

I believe Oris' warranty is longer than 8 months so should still be covered if bought and done through proper channels. I haven't read their warranty terms and conditions yet but I don't think there's so much to worry about especially that their movements are easily repairable by almost any experienced watchmaker and parts are easily available. Not unless you have their new in house caliber 110.

I have several Oris for years already and because they use ETA(now Sellita) movements gives me a peace of mind that I won't have problems in the future for services as parts and repair will not be an issue.

Watches like anything in this world are not perfect but still they are mechanical things which can be fixed when broken and can be done by any experienced watchmaker.

Sad to hear about your experience sir smdye999 I'm sure its not something not fixable but asking for a refund is a different issue. I just hope you didn't get a lemon or better ask for your AD for a replacement. I hope you can have your watch fixed the soonest sir smdye999 as its a very frustrating experience having a broken watch.

Anyway you can choose not to go Oris way and miss their nice watches, lot of brands out there but not like Oris.

BTW I'm aware that's why I still have my Oris and so far they're ticking healthy after years of use.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I personally love the Big Crown Pointer Date. It comes 40mm and 44mm. It also has that classic pilot/field watch kind of look.

As for after sales service, I've owned 3 Oris over the years and have nothing but positive experiences with their repair facility.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts