WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi have just been given this watch by my boyfriend (now he knows I'm into watches) lol. This was the first watch he brought sometime in the late 60s I think. Can anyone tell me more about it. Hoping I have done the pictures correctly and you can see them. It says on the inside oris watch co. Swiss seven 7 jewels 715

Attachments

·
Registered
14,456 Posts
All I know is it's a hand-winder that needs a new crystal. I assume you don't have a watchmaker. You may want to go over to the Oris sub-forum and dig around. You'll get a lot more involvement in your issue.

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,328 Posts
Hi. It appears to use an Oris Caliber 715 movement that has a pretty good 46 hour power reserve according to Roland Ranfft. See the link below. I read elsewhere that it came in 7 and 17 jewel configurations. You have a funky style watch from the late 1960's to mid-1970's that was in the moderate price range when new. Although the crystal is scratched the dial looks to be in excellent condition. A watch repair shop could polish those scratches out and improve the appearance a lot. The case appears to be chrome plated so it should be cleaned but not polished. What a nice gift. Welcome to WUS!

bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: Oris 715

1 - 3 of 3 Posts