WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Seiko forum,

Recently came into possession of one of the new quartz bullheads and tried to remove the bracelet, since I don't have the tools to resize a friction pin bracelet and I don't like how it feels anyways. One of the sides had a normal spring bar and came out easily. The other one seemed to have been installed with a spring bar meant for the bracelet. Pic of one from the clasp-bracelet connection:

Obv this isn't really easy to take out. The one on the bracelet seemed to be stiff enough that you could push the bulge and the spring would compress, but the one inserted in the lug seems to have a loose bulge also.

This is the best pic I can get since I don't have a macro lens. You can see how the central bulge has slid all the way down to the lug side instead of compressing the spring and popping out. It this a known issue, is there any secret handshake I can do? Or do I just have to get a saw and cut it out?

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
use two small screwdrivers. One to hold one end of the springbar in place, and the other one at the other end to compress the ridge of the bulge that you can get to at the tip. it should compress enough for you to move one end of the springbar out of the hole and then you can remove the bracelet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts