WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased an F series 2005 16613 two tone sub from eBay.

Just wanted some input on whether or not you guys believe this is pukka? Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Blue Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

I've read on line about the various things to look for on a fake sub, such as the ring round the triplock, the date in the cyclops, even taken the bracelet off to check the serial numbers match up and that they have been engraved properly. The only thing that is bugging me is that I read on one website that the lume on the minute hand should be fairly wide and the one on mine seems quite thin. I have attached some pics - any thoughts?

Also the clasp is quite stiff, much stiffer than that on my GMT II??

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,636 Posts
Remember the old addage........buy the seller. How were the references of the seller? Were they a long time ebayer with lots of feedback for specifically watch sales? That is the best indicator on whether your watch is authentic or not........

·
Banned
189 Posts
Looks genuine to me, why not open up the back and have a look inside to be sure.Ebay can be very bad for fake items i have only bought 1 watch from ebay and the guy was local so i went to view it 1st before buying.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.
The guy on eBay has good feedback, been on there a few years and sold a number of high value items (including watches) - couldn't go and meet due to the distance.
Is there anyway to take the case back off without a specific tool to do so?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looks good from the pics. No, you can't take the case back off without the correct tool. Take the watch to a local watch maker or to the local Rolex Service Center (if you have one near you).

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
It looks okay to me as well, but you need to have it opened and verified to be sure. Usually an AD can do that for you. Wouldn't hurt to check if it needs a service while they're in there.

Jeannie

·
Banned
189 Posts
You can get the tool to take the back off the watch off from ebay,they are cheep and good to have, but if you dont want to do this just go to your local AD , and they will do this for a small fee.
Also about the service i wouldn't rush out and get a service if it is keeping good time,i have an 2004 ss sub that keep excellent time,and that will only be going in for a service when that changes or it gets to around 10 years old.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Is there anyway to take the case back off without a specific tool to do so?
Yes, ball up a good amount of duct tape and press it against the caseback and turn hard.

And the reference to the wider minute hand was probably to the newer hands that go with the maxi dial, those are wider than the older hands.

And in the future, it's best to vet the watch prior to purchasing it.
DW

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Looks good from the photos. As others have said, probably best to have it opened up for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts