WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
SO I've recently gotten to downright salivating over the Sinn U1000 chrono. I haven't had a chrono in the rotation in a while and I think it would perfectly fit the bill. However, I don't have the cash on hand to purchase one so I am left with the typical WIS dilemma.

I have a Breitling SS Seawolf. I love this watch but it is a little shiny and blingy but the size is exactly what I love. Large diameter dial, thick, heavy chunky case. I think the u1000 is the ticket.

Would you trade this towards one, sell it to fund one or keep it?
Any ideas would be much appreciated!

I've also got my eye on a Hercules in the sales forum which might be the happy medium right now too. hah

THanks guys and gals!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Did someone call for Hercule? lol

Seriously though, i'm not too familiar with either watches, but my experience is this: If you're considering letting go of a watch, you probably don't love it as much as you used to. So you could go ahead and flip it.

Now, i can't imagine letting go any of my watches to buy a different one, i'd rather save up for it.

·
Registered
9,064 Posts
Flip it. Advice coming from a serial flipper. Buy it first then check out which one suits you best, at least that's what I would do.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
It's only by going through countless cycles of coveting, buying and flipping that the seeker of horological nirvana can achieve true WISdom.

·
Banned
166 Posts
Now, i can't imagine letting go any of my watches to buy a different one, i'd rather save up for it.
Seems like you're outvoted so far. There's a lot of trading going on around here just like when we were kids. "I'll swap you my Cal Ripken for your Greg Maddux."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts