WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been lurking on this forum for a while and am now finally ready to pull the trigger and invest in a timepiece. Unfortunately I have tree trunks for wrists. I am looking at the Planet ocean chronograph 9300. It looks like that watch comes with a 7" band. my wrist measures 8" with a tape measure. Does anybody have a good source on how many extra links I'll need to make up the extra length. I am planning on purchasing from a grey dealer, so I can't exactly go and do this in person. Any input will be much appreciated

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
A 7" band + the watch head itself will take you over 8"..
No need to worry, I guess..

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
A 9300 PO will be almost exactly 8" with all the links. It will be snug. For comfort you will want an extra link. You can order from Ofrei.com

·
Premium Member
Omega AT Day Date SS, Omega De Ville Trésor YG
4,027 Posts
I have 8" wrist too and while I tried PO 9300 on the bracelet it was OK and even had some spare space.
But you can buy it on rubber strap as well.

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
I wouldn't complain about having 'manly' wrists.
It means you can get away with wearing some of the bigger watches without them looking silly.
I'd say your lucky. ;-)
As an ex girlfriend once told me, as she dumped me for another guy, 'bigger is always better'! :-d

·
Registered
869 Posts
I have ~8.25 wrists, and have needed an extra link or two, depending on the watch. Some fit me with the included links, others have needed an extra.

If you buy new from an AD, up to two additional links are included free with your purchase - your AD needs to request them from Omega when you complete your purchase, they show up in a couple/three weeks to the Dealer. My understanding from Topper is there's no way to request them ahead of time - you have to wait, unfortunately.

Your AD should offer this as part of sizing, but if they don't, make sure to ask - there's a time limit (couple months?) after purchase, and once it's past Omega won't do it for free, so you want to do this at time of purchase if there's ANY chance you need the extras.

It's also worth noting that the gorgeous PO rubber strap/deployant combo works well. I wear it on the last hole, but it fits me fine, and is by far the most comfortable strap I own, and looks fantastic. Highly recommended for all PO8500/9300 owners.

If you're buying pre-owned, you may have more challenges, and end up needing to buy an extra link from Ofrei or similar - annoyingly expensive, but that's how it is for the caveman-wristed.

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
What Deanster says is correct but since the OP said he was buying grey, I didn't bother mentioning the free links.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have ~8.25 wrists, and have needed an extra link or two, depending on the watch. Some fit me with the included links, others have needed an extra.

If you buy new from an AD, up to two additional links are included free with your purchase - your AD needs to request them from Omega when you complete your purchase, they show up in a couple/three weeks to the Dealer. My understanding from Topper is there's no way to request them ahead of time - you have to wait, unfortunately.

Your AD should offer this as part of sizing, but if they don't, make sure to ask - there's a time limit (couple months?) after purchase, and once it's past Omega won't do it for free, so you want to do this at time of purchase if there's ANY chance you need the extras.

It's also worth noting that the gorgeous PO rubber strap/deployant combo works well. I wear it on the last hole, but it fits me fine, and is by far the most comfortable strap I own, and looks fantastic. Highly recommended for all PO8500/9300 owners.

If you're buying pre-owned, you may have more challenges, and end up needing to buy an extra link from Ofrei or similar - annoyingly expensive, but that's how it is for the caveman-wristed.
I have been referred to by many names but not a caveman. I guess it fits in away. My 8.5" wrists I was able to fit two speedies with the help of Ofrei.com.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the replies. This definitely cleared up my issue. Now I just need to quit messing around and buy the damn thing already. Does anybody have a pic of their watch on a big wrist. I have always worn Suuntos because they look proportionate to my arms. regular watches always look microscopic on me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts