WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with this bracelet for Tudor Prince Oysterdate (1981)?

https://www.ebay.com/p/Oyster-Watch-Bracelet-Band-Stainless-Steel-for-Tudor-Prince-Date-19mm-Matte-Heav/1133215461?iid=161331502624

Most important question is whether it is a good fit and quality bracelet.
Second question is whether it is tapered like the original Rolex/Tudor bracelets that I think were on the 34mm Oysters?
(From the photo is looks less tapered than the originals seem in photos.)

I'm new to all this so any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
The 'real' 78350 bracelet w/557 end links sells for at least 10X what this one is offered at. You get what you pay for.

That said, this seller has been around for a long time. The bands sold, in my opinion, are serviceable and have a decent fit and finish. Put the authentic side by side with this one and you'll immediately notice a difference in weight, especially in the clasp construction. There is a difference in finish as well. But, rather than spend hundreds of dollars, this will work and likely, you'll never hear a peep out of someone looking at your watch.

In the ebay universe, this seller will accept returns, so long as it's returned without signs of wear or abuse. You can buy it, try to fit to the end lugs, see how you like it and then add or remove links to size it. Stop before screwing with the length and it's still likely in returnable condition, so you've lost out on postage. That's not a bad deal, in my view.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is very helpful. Many thanks! (I had no illusions about it being comparable to the original.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts