WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am considering purchasing this Polerouter. However, I have never seen this style of dial. Would anyone know if this is a legit Polerouter dial or possible a re-dial?

Also... There is some stain-corrosion at 4 o'clock outside the chapter ring. Any idea how this happens on an otherwise pristine dial? Just wondering if it is a sign of hidden trouble... Because I can't get the case back off.

no pix of back. But it is very clean. Little scratching and the 12 sided back cover looks like it has never been messed with. I suspect the back has never been off. The watch functions great. Keeps incredible time. +\_7 sec. I have tried the sticky ball and a crescent wrench ( but very gently of course ) to no avail. Any place I can send the watch to get the back off?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
I am considering purchasing this Polerouter. However, I have never seen this style of dial. Would anyone know if this is a legit Polerouter dial or possible a re-dial?
Thanks
Everything about the dial, hands seems correct but I've never seen a chapter ring like that before. Anybody? I'm very curious as well.

Peace,
Preston

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Is the watch solid gold? These sometimes had fancier dials.

Fonts look original to late 1950's. Do you have the case reference and serial numbers?
gatorcpa

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your interest... Case is stainless steel

numbers on back: 20368-3

only other info. Original buyer bought many high end watches..ie Vacheron, Rolex etc. this UG was purchased at a duty free shop while traveling

giotime

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
There were many variations of Polerouter design. See for some - Polerouter - sammlung. I've not seen that chapter ring either - but I think its probably original. I take it the hour hand's under the minute hand in the picture.;-)

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes. Both hands are present. I am also still trying to get the back off to look at the mechanism....hoping it's the 28 jewel. Didn't post a picture of the back. It's very clean. I don't think the back has ever been off. And it's keeping time to +\- 7 sec per day.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
If it says Microrotor it's a 28. Be really careful about taking that back off mine is beat up pretty good by the wrong tool being used.

Peace,
Preston

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I realized that I was replying to this thread in the wrong way after posting. (New to this- haven't quite figured it all out...still not sure I have yet) I added some new info that was asked for and I wanted to thank those who gave time to help.

Giotime

·
Premium Member
6,666 Posts
Looks like this was @giotime's first post. Now the question is whether he still has the watch 4 years later.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One of my earliest acquisitions and still one of my favorites. Also added a couple of things along the way. The UG wrench that goes to the Polerouter caseback and after some research what I believe to be the correct and original leather band and signed buckle.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,666 Posts
One of my earliest acquisitions and still one of my favorites. Also added a couple of things along the way. The UG wrench that goes to the Polerouter caseback and after some research what I believe to be the correct and original leather band and signed buckle.
That watch is a keeper, for sure, and I like the gifts you bought for it. ;-)

·
Premium Member
12,942 Posts
congratulations

1 - 18 of 18 Posts