WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kickstarter is what i am looking to do i just want a few samples first. Can anyone help me? I want to start my own watch brand, something similar to a Casio Gshock. Watch movement is not that important for me as I really care about durability etc. I've got a few quotes of a few swiss companys and one in China which is a luxory watch maker and the prices were far too high. My budget would be around $50 a piece can anyone recommended a supplier?

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,698 Posts
...Watch movement is not that important for me as I really care about durability etc.
Häh???? Watch movement is not important as you really care about durability ? Shouldn't the watch movement be draable as well ? Then the choice ofmthe movement is important. What am I missing here?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I am saying is, I want a durable watch that can retail for about $200. I lot of these Swiss movement quotes are massive even though the product is made of plastic etc. The point is I don't have a specific movement I would like to use. The movement wont be the selling point for my idea of this watch. I need a low production cost. Any ideas?

·
Banned
78 Posts
im not sure you should really be getting into the game if you arent concerned with movements and are only looking to turn a quick buck. I suggest you find someone on alibaba based in China who will make you a watch for $10

·
Registered
10,149 Posts
If you can, try to message the creators of past kickstarters that have done all those ~$150-$200 minimalist watches, maybe some might answer. It seems like you're intending to go for that kind of business model. (I'm thinking 'brands' like astoncain, instrmnt, havok, travisleon, hunterhoro, domenico, throne, yesman, and so on and so forth ad nauseum) Maybe also look into making "wood watches", they tend to be fairly popular and very obviously cheap as ****, which seems to be what you want.

Just as a tip, the pre-production samples are *always* priced at several times over the produced-watch msrp. Unless you go with stock catalog parts and just stamp your brand name on a cookie-cutter watch.

Out of interest, do you have any designs in mind? How it might look like, etc?

·
Registered
30 Posts
you can PM me the details and I can help as much as possible. I've also helped a few others on these forums and I completely understand the beginning stage is the most difficult!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
A good movement should be a selling point and you should learn how to spell luxury if you want to look professional. I think you should maybe think about a different business to get into.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts