WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all I need help on how to open the case back cover of my omega
3510.50 is this pressure fit or screw type?
and im planning to buy a ball type opener i already got and knife, A-jack opener.
Thanks a lot omega back.JPG omega front.JPG

·
Registered
955 Posts
Knife to open.
Why do you want it open?
and what will you do when you open it (you missed the most important)

br
emso

Reactions: dacattoo and radger

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
I see a dark cloud forming. This is not going to be good.
rca185: Quick - before anyone tries to talk you out of it - completely disassemble the movement! Post pictures of the parts when you are through, OK?

p

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Please be aware that if you remove the case back, it uses a hard plastic gasket that is essentially a single use gasket. It is what holds the case back in place, and although you can use it again, it will not provide the same level of water resistance as a new one would.

Ideally the gasket should be replaced, and it will require a press to install the case back.

Cheers, Al

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your reply...
I will try to do cleaning
I can clean a old seiko and citizen but this my 1st time on
omega.
because it cost a lot here in Japan to get it service.
Any idea how much will this cost for service or sell it like this condition it has a full complete set of manual and guarantee card.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
If your intention is to service the movement, then I would encourage you to reconsider. This is a modular chronograph movement, and the chronograph modules are not something for the beginner in my view.

This is a watch I would suggest you send to Omega for service, unless you can find a watchmaker willing to service the modular chronographs.

Cheers, Al

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
Thanks for all your reply... I will try to do cleaning I can clean a old seiko and citizen but this my 1st time on omega. because it cost a lot here in Japan to get it service. Any idea how much will this cost for service or sell it like this condition it has a full complete set of manual and guarantee card.
rca185, I salute your bravado!

Before you start, you may wish to acquaint yourself with the Dubois-Depraz chrono werks for the 1140. And you may wish to contact Prem Chainani as he is the only person I know of outside of Switzerland that has any parts for these modules.

p

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
My instincts tell me if you can't see how to open the back then you are not capable of overhauling this very complicated watch. There are no parts. There are no parts. There are no parts. There are no parts. There are no parts. There are no parts. There are no parts. If the chronograph needs a part replaced, if you break a part or if you lose a part, you are in trouble. Stick to Seikos, you can get parts for them. Oh, did I mention you can't get parts for your chronograph?

·
Registered
955 Posts
dont believe them
they lie

you can get parts
but you need to be a certified omega repair center.

well to achieve that its a bit tricky but still.

a friendly advice give it to omega certified repair center they can repair it without any problem.
i would recommend Archer who allready wrote here on thread.

if you decide to repair it yourself believe me you will have a slight drop of the value of the mentioned omega watch to a level of also mentioned here seiko's

br
emso

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks to all that share a good advice...
I beleive some of the member here dont have an omega to open or maybe even seiko or citizen to practice w/...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts