WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post here on WUS, so let's see how this mini review goes.....

OK, so the Helson shark diver 42mm, saw a review of this on worn&wound and was very taken by the functional style, I think the description tends to be 'tool' watch.....
.....first impressions, well it is a beast of a watch; quite heavy, solid and very well made.

Packaging was very good.....

Very nice and unusual box (....cylinder) for the watch.....

And her she is......

.....and the insane lume

Only got this yesterday so have not had a chance to adjust the bracelet and get a wrist shot yet, but hopefully will do today.

·
Registered
15,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on your pickup!

It's a beast no doubt.

Mine says hi:

Thanks! The beast aspect is actually what I wanted, was originally going to get a cw trident Pro 600, but decided that it looked to delicate and more of a dress watch than a proper divers watch.....

·
Registered
15,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent choice for your first post. The Helson SD is a fantastic watches. Mine says hi

Pic not from today.
Thanks, didn't have much choice for my first post as this my first decent watch......!!!

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
This is my first post here on WUS, so let's see how this mini review goes.....

OK, so the Helson shark diver 42mm, saw a review of this on worn&wound and was very taken by the functional style, I think the description tends to be 'tool' watch.....
.....first impressions, well it is a beast of a watch; quite heavy, solid and very well made.

Packaging was very good.....

Very nice and unusual box (....cylinder) for the watch.....

And her she is......

.....and the insane lume

Only got this yesterday so have not had a chance to adjust the bracelet and get a wrist shot yet, but hopefully will do today.
Nice watch! Congrats!

I have a grey dialed SD42. Be careful when sizing the bracelet, some screws are secured with a bit of loctite. The hex tool supplied with your watch is actually 2-in-1, it unscrews itself in the middle, so you get 2 identical hex drivers to remove lug screws. Just apply a tiny amount of torque or you'll strip the heads.

S.

·
Registered
15,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice watch! Congrats!

I have a grey dialed SD42. Be careful when sizing the bracelet, some screws are secured with a bit of loctite. The hex tool supplied with your watch is actually 2-in-1, it unscrews itself in the middle, so you get 2 identical hex drivers to remove lug screws. Just apply a tiny amount of torque or you'll strip the heads.

S.
Thanks for the tip on the bracelet screws, will be careful with those......

·
Premium Member
40,154 Posts
The lume is awesome. The case is really nice and well made on these, but the beast (even the 40mm) didn't sit very well on my wrist.

I still regard the watch very highly though.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437119402.450996.jpg

·
Registered
15,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The lume is awesome. The case is really nice and well made on these, but the beast (even the 40mm) didn't sit very well on my wrist.

I still regard the watch very highly though.
View attachment 4678314
Have to say that when I got it out I was wondering if they'd sent me the 45mm version.......

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Congratulations on the new watch and an excellent introduction and initial review!

·
Registered
15,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Just learned they are finished with my latest request and I should have it in a week or so. It's got the old style bezel insert, and the old flip-lock clasp, but with the 9015 movement.

·
Registered
15,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just learned they are finished with my latest request and I should have it in a week or so. It's got the old style bezel insert, and the old flip-lock clasp, but with the 9015 movement.

....you are going to be one happy bunny when that arrives! Did not know that they did requests like this, very interesting.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts