WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All- I am about to pick up a 42 mm SD for my daily wear watch. I think I could pull off a 45mm, with my 7 1/2" wrist and 57 mm width wrists, but would like to have a chance of it slipping under my shirt sleeves for work, and I believe the 42mm is the only one I would have a shot with.

Since it is a daily wear, I want something universal, but also not boring either. The black is obvisously the most traditional choice, but I keep staring at the grey with steel bezel. I am really liking it the most, but am a little concerned that the grey on steel on steel bracelet might look a little washed out. The white with steel bezel is a distant third, because I am not sure I love the baby blue indices and hands, but I haven't ruled it out yet.

The grey is the only one without a lumed bezel, but I am not overly concerned about that, and in some ways, might like that better anyway. Lume picture is of the grey.

The pictures of the grey and white are of the 45mm version, but they are the best I could find out there with the color combos, but I am looking at the 42mm.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

SD Grey.jpg SD White.jpg SD Black.jpg SD Grey Lume.jpg

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Since its in a distant 3rd this probably won't change your mind, but I loved the look of the white dial Sharkdiver as soon as I saw it, and it makes a nice change to look at my watches and have a little more variety in the choice of colours rather than 10 black faced divers. Saying that, I would quite happily have a black one though, but if like many of us your watches are mainly black dials then you might like a something different for a change?!

Anyway here is where I put my money,

Attachments

Reactions: Mrcitzen

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'd get the black. I think the white would be cool to start with, but you might get tired of it and personally, I like matching bezel inserts.

You could always get blue...I know of a nice, 4 month old one for $500.;-)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah, the white face/blue markers is absolutely awesome and would certainly stand out - showing your work colleagues how strong and full of personality you are :) It would be my choice for sure.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Only 1 choice:

Attachments

·
Registered
684 Posts
My first choice would be the white. I have one, love it, and wear it often to work.

IMG00101-20120920-1317.jpg

However, if I was to buy another right now, I'd get the grey. I think grey is subdued enough that it would go just as well with work attire as black.

Good luck with your choice. Whichever one you pick, I'm sure you'll be pleased with. They are great watches.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all of the opinions guys. Seems like a lot of support for the white. Here would be the question for the white camp. It looks like a lot of the responses revolve around, mixing it up vs the black divers in your collection, or something that stands out more. I think the only reason I am leaning toward the grey, is that I am trying to get down to one watch. Would you white supporters still choose the white, if it was your only watch?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Yes, absolutely. I like all of my watches but the white Sharkdiver definitely gets the most wrist time, if that was the only watch I owned I would still be a very happy man.

Another pic for you to!

Sharkdiver_Metal_12.JPG Sharkdiver_Rubber_04.JPG

Reactions: Mrcitzen

·
Registered
684 Posts
Only ONE watch!?!? What is this foul tongue in which you speak??? lol

That's a tough one. I really love my white Shark Diver, but IF I was aiming to just have one watch, I think I'd have to go with the grey. As posted earlier, I think grey is neutral enough to go with anything and everything.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am starting to sway...initially, the I said the white was a "distant third", now I might be leaning toward it. I love white, but was/am a little concerned if the light blue hands and indices..."would it go with all things?"

The more I look at it thought, I am realizing that most of my clothes have shades of blue in them, and my dress shirts are all either white or powder blue...hmmm, maybe the white would work.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I've worn mine all week to work, and it does go with everything. It's not like it's an in your face blue, just subtle enough to look great with all things.

Attachments

·
Registered
684 Posts
I love the black bezel on the 42mm white. I wish Helson would put them on the 45mm. I think it just makes the hands "pop." Even more so if you wear the watch on a black Isofrane like I do. Very cool combo. |>

·
Registered
684 Posts
I love the black bezel on the 42mm white. I wish Helson would make more than just the one (or two?) that was produced on the 45mm. I think it makes the black hands "pop." Even more so if you wear the watch on a black Isofrane like i do. Very cool combo! |>

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here is a pretty good shot of member Exodus' new 42 mm white with the steel bezel. I like how the light reflects off the bezel.

sd white.jpg

1 - 20 of 28 Posts