WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 855 Posts

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case you don’t have IG this was posted today by Helson watches. Didn’t see a post on this one but for those who didn’t jump on the Borealis, this could be an option.

ETA 2824
Size 40mm
Price est. $600

Coming in around March

I’m sure others will update this post with more details about the watch. Below is a picture posted by Helson of the prototype.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
11,617 Posts
I like it I hope it doesn't have bezel issues, but the bracelet doesn't seem like a perfect fit. I wonder if the case is the same

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Nice.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I have preordered the borealis version. and I might have to sell it for this just because helson has a female end link!! I wish more companies will make female end links for better wearability. Do you know if there any other color options? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Nice drilled lugs, looks like short lugs so shorter L2L as well, good for small wrists! Any colorway options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
251 Posts
Looks good. Finally Helson is starting to think about small wrists customers with these short lugs. The spec. and look is great , now please a version with a white or a grey dial and cheaper option with a rubber strap..

·
Registered
396 Posts
How so? Bracelet doesn’t look great, but the watch seems fine? Unless you don’t like copies of vintage watches, but Helson has done those before.

I don't like the watch choice, i expect more oroginality from Helson, and there is already an homage of this watch (well done and cheaper)...

I'd rather if they put some new Shark Dive 40mm color variant instead of this "easy" homage...

·
Registered
11,687 Posts
Hmmm...

I liked my Estoril but eventually moved on from it.

It seems the 3/6/9/12 is lighter font (not lumed) on the SM and perhaps the minute hashes are a tad shorter and thinner. Seems like a tiny detail but I found that the weight and length of the Estoril minute marks crowded the dial and made it feel a bit busy.

The original has thinner minute marks and they come only halfway up the length of the hour indices. On the Estoril they are longer and thicker. Hard to tell exactly how the Nelson compares.

I’ll keep my eye on it. But yes hard to compete with the prices of the Estoril. But I understand there is a bracelet and ETA.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Another SM300 homage................yawn...

1 - 20 of 855 Posts