WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally my xmas present came today :D

I've been excited about this piece ever since I saw pics online and finally took the plunge taking over another forum mate's piece.

I must say it is a quality timepiece and every bit as faithful to the original as one would hope. Essentially besides the Helson on the front, you'd think it were an Omega. Quality is superb, everything is tight, turns well, printing is sharp, case construction superb. Its got a lot of presence on the wrist, wears comfortably as I was worried about the hooded lugs. The thing is thick though! Very versatile with strap changes too.

Stock Helson Isofrane style rubber. Will probably order a blue Isofrane strap for this. Note the lug width is 22mm

On a Kain Heritage orangy tan I have for my Anonimo millemetri

I love how the dial goes from a light blue to a dark vintagy blue depending on the light.

And my all time favorite, the mesh. I was really surprised by this as I had though I wouldn't like the mesh since I tried the Ploprof on mesh and was turned off by it.

Now on to the watch itself;

Love the alternating finishes

As I said above, its thick, but molds to the wrist very well;

Caseback

Mini lume shot. Lume is pretty darn good. I will get some comparison shots with my MM20 or monster later, two of the many torches in my collection.

Very pleased with this piece. I think honestly I will be taking a break from watches for a while. From a lot of things actually, I need a break and change in my activities, but am glad I got this before its happened.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I think you posted one of the best threads concerning this watch. Love the lead-up shots then the wrist shots of the watch, both of which are done very well. Great job.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Great shots and post! Was in on this watch but decided to go with the Crepas version as I like the more modern design elements to theirs. But the Sharkmaster is a great tribute watch to the original - another great job by Helson and I'm sure it'll be a nice addition to your collection.

Good luck too on your new endeavors!

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Excellent pictures and write up! I've been considering this one since it was first talked about in the prototype stage, but I'm torn between this and the Zixen Trimix 44mm!! I've been thinking about which to get and why for over a month now!! Still undecided!:-s :think:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks damn good on that Kain leather, and the lume shot is |>
Thanks, the Kain Leather contrasts really well with the orange plongeur hands.

Very nice. Great selection of straps also.
The straps suit the watch perfectly

I think you posted one of the best threads concerning this watch. Love the lead-up shots then the wrist shots of the watch, both of which are done very well. Great job.
Thanks heaps for the compliment.

Great shots and post! Was in on this watch but decided to go with the Crepas version as I like the more modern design elements to theirs. But the Sharkmaster is a great tribute watch to the original - another great job by Helson and I'm sure it'll be a nice addition to your collection.

Good luck too on your new endeavors!
I too love the Crepas but prefer more "vintage" styled watches. I think the only thing I'd want changed on the Crepas was probably a red minute hand instead of the stock silver one. Other than that, I love that the bezel is sapphire too. hmm....maybe I should get that that way I have both ;) Thanks for the well wishes too

Excellent pictures and write up! I've been considering this one since it was first talked about in the prototype stage, but I'm torn between this and the Zixen Trimix 44mm!! I've been thinking about which to get and why for over a month now!! Still undecided!:-s :think:
You won't go wrong with either. I was also very attracted to the Trimix and with the added GMT hand, makes it a useful watch to have. I think as a day to day work wear watch, the Trimix may be better, but in terms of wow factor, due to the thickness, the Sharkmaster definitely has it.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Love your blue dial. I agree a fantastic watch and my first destro. A little weird setting the time and winding but very nice not having the crown at the wrist. My black dial,

·
Registered
91 Posts
I want one of these myself, but I dont think there is any chance of wearing it under a shirt cuff which would relegate the watch to strictly weekend wear.

·
Banned
4,512 Posts
No really to thick on the wrist due to the curved shape.
SM

Citizen JP 1040

If you like thin, PRS3

I want one of these myself, but I dont think there is any chance of wearing it under a shirt cuff which would relegate the watch to strictly weekend wear.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks for pics Lexvil, funny you mention the PRS3, I actually have a watch built on that case and wear it nearly everyday.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lume shot added

1sec exposure, 2min interval

Orange Monster, SM, MM20

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Very nice! I'm about to pull the trigger on a blue dial Sharkmaster myself, but I can't decide if I want the crown at 3 or 9.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Great photos!

What is the size of your wrist? I'm shopping for my next diver and the vintage-look is growing on me.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
helson gets a gold star for the lumed bezel. great photo of the time elapsed lume.
Thanks, I've been wanting a lumed bezel diver for a while and glad I got this. Almost pulled the trigger on a PRS50 some years back, never knew why I didn't.

Very nice! I'm about to pull the trigger on a blue dial Sharkmaster myself, but I can't decide if I want the crown at 3 or 9.
I wanted something different and I must say the destro configuration is very comfortable to wear.

Great photos!

What is the size of your wrist? I'm shopping for my next diver and the vintage-look is growing on me.
6.75" fairly oval shaped. I can handle PAMs up to 47mm, but can't wear Hublots or APs comfortably due to the gap/overhang at the lugs which irks me.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Nice... Been toying with this idea for a couple months myself. How long did it take to ship to Sg?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 21 Posts