WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I'm liking the new Helson Turtle. I got the email today. I'll never tire of checking out the new Helson releases. My first micro, the Sharkmaster, is still one of my favorites.

RS

·
Registered
684 Posts
I really like the looks of this one, but, for me, the thought of a mere 20mm lug width gives me reservations. I'm sure this is another production that I'll pass on initially, then end up regretting it later. This is not intended as a negative post, it is indeed a beautiful piece!! Kudos, Helson!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Congratulations! I wish this and Tekite are much less thicker. I would have picked both up already.

Cheers

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
I just placed an order for yellow dial Turtle....
That's the Turtle I am considering as well.Please post lots of pics & review when it comes in!

·
Registered
591 Posts
The watch itself looks excellent, but I wish the lug width was 22-24.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
That's why i love Helson's homages!
Peter is capable to do what Omega, Blancpain, Certina etc. don't nowadays, just faithful reissues.
+1 for the Turtle!

·
Registered
8,865 Posts
I received the email from Peter yesterday morning and ordered the black dial version. It should be arriving tomorrow (Wed) morning.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
I really like the looks of this one, but, for me, the thought of a mere 20mm lug width gives me reservations. I'm sure this is another production that I'll pass on initially, then end up regretting it later. This is not intended as a negative post, it is indeed a beautiful piece!! Kudos, Helson!
The 20mm lug width is the biggest drawback to the original watch. Fitting bracelets and straps is quite a challenge. I found this style to work well (albeit leather, which some folks don't like on a dive watch).

Sorry, but not my cup of tea. Looks kinda ho-hum to me...kinda looks like the Doxa sub. Just my two cents.
The Super PH1000m and the DOXA Sub are very different watches IRL and on the wrist. While the case shape is similar, everything else is quite different and the sum equals a completely different watch.

·
Registered
Unabashed Casio G-Shock fanboy
8,354 Posts
I love the cushion case style. It reminds me of the 6309 7040 Seiko. But the price is too high for me.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
WOW!!!
Thanks for the pics.
What is your wrist size and how does it sit on your wrist.
Just wondering if there is any hope for us small wristed guys.

Bill

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nice one Robert999 - From order to wrist in a very short timeframe.

Mine (orange) is in the air according to Fedex....

Regards

Beano

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
7.5 wrist, due to the case design should look good on smaller wrists, according to Helson - case width 44.5 mm -length 47.5 mm - height 17.8 mm -

FedEx did great - I ordered the watch on Monday evening and on Wednesday morning package from HK is here...

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
7.5 wrist, due to the case design should look good on smaller wrists, according to Helson - case width 44.5 mm -length 47.5 mm - height 17.8 mm -

FedEx did great - I ordered the watch on Monday evening and on Wednesday morning is here...

Dang!!!!!!!
I was afraid of that.
Gotta order one.

·
Registered
8,865 Posts
My black dial version arrived this morning too. Really nice finishing on the case and bezel on the Turtle. Also, I really like the deeply set dial. The 120 click bezel action is perfect with crisp clicks and no back play.

For you guys that were thinking this watch would be too big because of the listed dimension..... you would be mistaken. The Turtle would work perfectly on smaller wrists. Because of the contour of the case shape and tapering bezel it actually wears like a 42mm diameter watch. And the short lug to lug length would prevent any overhang even on small wrists.

The black rubber dive strap that is included is the perfect compliment to the retro case design, (the strap is a little thin though).

The orange minute hand color is a very bright orange, almost florescent orange.

The rounded case back is super comfortable and I like the way the crown when screwed down is sunken into the case side, it does not dig into the wrist.

The mesh bracelet comes with one long extension and two short extensions. This should be able to fit even the largest wrists. Also it comes with a lot of extra spring pins.

I've got to order a 20mm black Isofrane strap, IMO it would be the perfect setup.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Very cool, congrats to all the new Turtle owners! Looks best on the mesh!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts