WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts
Anybody bought the orange dial yet?

If so, what do you think and any pics.

Also, does anyone know if the original Certina came with an orange dial.

Thanks
The original came with the same three colors offered by Helson.

Reactions: Brisman

·
Registered
688 Posts
The original came with the same three colors offered by Helson.
:rodekaartAre you sure? I have owned many of the original versions in black and yellow. I did a lot of research while buying/selling them and have never seen or heard of an orange one. Do you have a pic of an original Certina PH1000 in orange? I won't be able to believe this claim until some pics are posted.

·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts
:rodekaartAre you sure? I have owned many of the original versions in black and yellow. I did a lot of research while buying/selling them and have never seen or heard of an orange one. Do you have a pic of an original Certina PH1000 in orange? I won't be able to believe this claim until some pics are posted.
Gee, Thomas, I'm all broken up over your disbelief. :roll:

This is an excerpt from VintageCertinas.ch ... although you probably won't believe them, either.

vintagecertina.jpg

·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts
Cool. Make stuff up then get indignant when called on it. Whatever, dude
Who's indignant? You "threw a flag" on my earlier assertion and called me a liar. But those far more knowledgable than I have said Certina made an orange-dial Super PH1000m, so you really need to "call" them on it ... not me.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Who's indignant? You "threw a flag" on my earlier assertion and called me a liar. But those far more knowledgable than I have said Certina made an orange-dial Super PH1000m, so you really need to "call" them on it ... not me.
Your assertion was wrong, that it what I saw. I called you on it. It's OK, man. Now somebody who is more knowledgeable than you is letting you know that Certina never made an orange dial PH1000M. Technos made an orange dial Skydiver model that used the same case, with a different movement, dial, hands and bezel insert. Different watch. Now you know.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
In the comments section of the Certina list that was posted, it does say Orange dial.

Are you saying this is wrong?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
lol I guess actually reading those comments would be too much...

Could be your computer screen but those two watches certainly have an orange tint to me.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Gents >>> there was indeed an orange dialed DS3 (they are VERY RARE) and here is a pic from my files to prove it:

Hope this settles the matter..

Cheers,

Konrad

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I am weakened each day these beautiful shots are posted.

I have no doubt that the watch will wear much smaller than the specs. It reminds me of how Doxa watches wear. The real issue I can't get rid of my mind is its close to 18mm in thickness! I also wonder how it wears and whether the strap either steel or rubber would balance the weight out that well.

I really like the black and yellow and perhaps is going to rather wait for a second hand market. Of course, one may not come up for sometimes. I saw one or two, but they are close to the new things in price.

Cheers all to this great diver watch made from Helson.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
In the comments section of the Certina list that was posted, it does say Orange dial.

Are you saying this is wrong?
And then suddenly there was silence...wait I do hear something "ohhhh snap"! :-d

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I am weakened each day these beautiful shots are posted.

I have no doubt that the watch will wear much smaller than the specs. It reminds me of how Doxa watches wear. The real issue I can't get rid of my mind is its close to 18mm in thickness! I also wonder how it wears and whether the strap either steel or rubber would balance the weight out that well.

I really like the black and yellow and perhaps is going to rather wait for a second hand market. Of course, one may not come up for sometimes. I saw one or two, but they are close to the new things in price.

Cheers all to this great diver watch made from Helson.
I messaged iinsic about what you are concerned about and he explained that this watch wears smaller than what the dimentions lead one to believe.

Now, if one is a 90lb lightweight....this is not your kind of watch, LOL.

I definately am going to get one. The fact that it has a saphire bezel insert, is tall (which I like) and is a hommage to such a cool diver makes me very attracted to this one.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sorry for the delay in getting my pics loaded - these are iPhone pics I'm afraid and do not do the watch justice. I've had my orange #54 on since it arrived on Friday and I'm very pleased. The fit and finish are VERY good (it's my first Helson).

I have a Seiko Orange Monster and the difference in the colouring is quite considerable - the OM looks almost bleached in comparison to the stronger orange. In looking at the two, I much prefer the Turtle, so I think the OM will be going on the market soon...

Meanwhile, here I my attempts at photography :)

IMG_1031.JPG IMG_1032.JPG IMG_1034.JPG

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Thanks for posting the Orange, looks great and it is a very striking/strong orange.

I wonder, is it too strong?

Good side on shot showing the thickness.

I'm giving myself until the weekend to decide.

More pics, more pics.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Not an orange dial, but here's my yellow dial (very well done by the way...the yellow has some 'dimension' to it and varies nicely depending on the lighting...full sun brings out just a bit of metallic pearl in this dial IMO).

I agree with all that have stated the watch wears smaller than the dimensions would suggest (the tapered bezel and smaller dial relative to the case contribute to this one wearing like a 42mm watch IMO).

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I'm a tad disappointed to hear this wears smaller, I really like the look and it's be great to have it in 45 to 46mm I think...

41 - 60 of 66 Posts