WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know well that this is not the purpose of this diver but I love this thing. I have several really nice swiss watches that are worth 20x this one, but I have been wearing the Turtle almost constantly since I got it 2 months ago. It is super comfy and during the summer months the rubber is especially nice for being active and not worrying about damaging a 5k+ watch. I would never wear my Swiss counterparts for this, but over the weekend I had a little deck project that involved a lot of sawing and manual labor. I didn't think for a second about taking off my Turtle. After ripping quite a few boards on a table saw here is what my Turtle looked like and then this am (of course after a little rinse) I just shot the last one.

·
Premium Member
71,508 Posts
It's nice to be able to wear a watch and do jobs in it without the black shadow of what might happen to it hanging over you.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I have a slightly modded (ceramic, sapphire DD, hexad bracelet) 777 and it gets more wrist time than any of my others, Omegas, Eternas etc. I absolutely love it.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Nothing more fun than an indestructible Seiko diver or G-Shock screwback. Grails get lonely. And then sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have a slightly modded (ceramic, sapphire DD, hexad bracelet) 777 and it gets more wrist time than any of my others, Omegas, Eternas etc. I absolutely love it.

Same here. I also slightly modded my SRP777 with a ceramic 12-hour bezel and added the stock bracelet. This is now my most used travel watch as I now have a nice dependable travel watch without having to worry about my blingy swiss gmts attracting too much unwanted attention in some of the places I travel to.

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
Since a couple of years we (wife and myself) decided it didn't make much sense to dive with the expensive watches anymore (Rolex/Omega), and we looked for affordable and dependable options.

I tried Steinhart, but didn't quite work. And we resorted to Seiko, and so far we're really happy.

This year was the first time we had a 100% Seiko holidays: I brought the 035 and 017 Tunas for diving and the Coke Turtle for everything else, and my wife was extremely happy with the Batman Turtle for just everything.

Extremely good value watches these SRP7xx. Even back at home they get a lot of wrist time.

20170618_104856_S.jpg

As a matter of fact, my wife gave the Turtle the best possible compliment. I bought the Batman for her and I was a bit worried because she's got a small wrist, and the Turtle is a big watch. But she said that "it's so comfortable that it disappears... You simply forget it's there".

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was fearing you cut the 777 in half by the first pictures.
This made me laugh....
No, I am pretty careful with the saw. I have seen some pretty ugly things happen to some that I know using this exact tool. Never a watch cut off though!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Even before I bought it, I was planning on making some mods. I thought I would have scratched the crystal within the 1st week or so and that would be it for me. Nothing I hate more than a scratched crystal, but mine is still perfect and I am not the most careful person in the world when it comes to that sort of thing. Still planning on a ceramic bezel, a sapphire crystal and a coin edge bezel but I figure it can wait until I get a scratch that is big enough that it bugs me or I get bored of the original look. Neither has happened yet!

·
Registered
777 Posts
This made me laugh....
No, I am pretty careful with the saw. I have seen some pretty ugly things happen to some that I know using this exact tool. Never a watch cut off though!
Cutting off just the watch would be a lucky outcome actually...

That's a dangerous tool indeed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts