WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...but maybe i'll take an interest this time.

Well, Big Brother 8,9,10, or whatever started in the UK last night, (yawn).

My better half is a big fan and told me that during the interviews of the new ''housemates'' on last nights opening show, one of the blokes stated that he LOVES his watches.

Well, the interviewer asks him what he's wearing at that moment, and he says, ''the (or) my new Breitling.''

Gentlemen, - we have a Breitling fan in ''The House''

Now i not only would like to know which watch he was talking about, but i may actually care who wins. :-!

Nick

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Nick, my wife is into that freakin show big time...(U.S. version) I have to admit I have watched it a couple and it is like a bunch crazies running around... The only think that would make it good is if they all wore Breiltings>>>:-!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
It's one of my secret vices . . . every year I say to myself that I'm not going to get into it and every year it just suckers me in, but not usually until after the first few 'chaff' have been evicted. (I've never voted though!) I didn't watch all of the intro show but I did see the bloke give Breitling a name check - he's some sort of executive chef or something (must be the 'Ramsey Effect'!) and he did refer to his 'bling' but still, a Breitling fan is a Breitling fan. How many of us would give Davey the time of day if it wasn't for his choice of clock?! (;-) Only joking mate, it's just I can't pick on Ron all the time, he'll start to think I mean it!!)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
:)You brits crack me up! "Tosser," lol! "Sharpish," heheh, love it! I wish I could talk like that. "Mates, balls-up, wonky, bloke, cheeky, dodgy, prat, git, loo, knackered, spot on, quid....."

I think I'm gonna move to England.:-!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:)You brits crack me up! "Tosser," lol! "Sharpish," heheh, love it! I wish I could talk like that. "Mates, balls-up, wonky, bloke, cheeky, dodgy, prat, git, loo, knackered, spot on, quid....."

Nice one Geezer. :-!

He does look a bit of a tosser, eh, Eagle.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Originally Posted by srmdalt

Once you've mastered the English parochial dialect, you can practice these ones for when you visit us north of the border.

Clatty
Boggin
Cludgie
Amurny
Peely-wally
Humphy backit
Ba'heid
Awanbileyerheidyamugye
Nuggit
Ginger
Wee beaties
Nawallno
Glaekit
Jareally
.....and finally
Errapoaliss

Oh, lang may yer lum reek

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
I'm gonna sup a firkin tonite. (Karen away dontyaknow) so apologies for the mispelt posts in the next couple of days.

Best

Al

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Ow be knackin' vor my luvvers? I ab'm got the foggiest what Gav's on about yer, they Scots up they mountains talk some bleddy rummidge sometimes. Why they can' spake english proper like us down yer in Deb'm do I dunnaw. Now, I tell 'ee, the weather down yer's been priddy viddy this arternoon and I've been up lil' Hangman agin today. Proper job!

Best wishes to the other end of the islands Gav!

Let's not even start with the Welsh, isn't it, look you!

:-d

(As for Alan firkin about, I'm saying nothing! - A woman is in bed one night and hears an almighty racket from downstairs. She shouts down to her husband: 'What's all the noise about?' 'I'm trying to get a barrel of Guinness up the stairs my love!' he replies. 'Well, leave it there and bring it up tomorrow.' 'I can't', he replies, 'I've already drunk it!')

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Heheh, now my head is spinning.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts