WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I've actually seen a couple of those where the Omega sign is at the 6 position...I'm wondering if they are in fact original or not. :think:

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've actually seen a couple of those where the Omega sign is at the 6 position...I'm wondering if they are in fact original or not. :think:
Were they on eBay or were they from more verifiable sources?
I can see why a redialer might have received a request to do it this way- it is interesting, but this would be a huge surprise to me to know that it came from the factory like this and I've been looking at these for years.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Were they on eBay or were they from more verifiable sources?
I can see why a redialer might have received a request to do it this way- it is interesting, but this would be a huge surprise to me to know that it came from the factory like this and I've been looking at these for years.
On ebay, other than this seller! :think:

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
everything else on the dial looks pretty good though I can't say I'v ever seen one with the logo quite this low.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
In my twenty plus years of collecting Omegas, I can't recall having seen a dial configuration like that... anywhere... :-s

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I saw on ebay a while ago an 18k Omega Seamaster with the logo similar to that, but on the top portion there was a picture of a sultan or something...

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
In my twenty plus years of collecting Omegas, I can't recall having seen a dial configuration like that... anywhere... :-s
they did drop the applied 'OMEGA' on the latter connies but of course not THAT low. And the 'OMEGA' raised on my f300hz is as low as the bottom edge lined up with the '5' and '7'. But still- young man Kyle has a pretty good hypothesis in making an assumption that these 'drop logo' dials were made for presentation dials-hand painted Saddam Hussein or the illiterate and polygamous King Faud-to name just a few who had their likenesses handpainted on presentation dials. I think K might have hit on something-again! smart kid, huh?

·
Banned
3,556 Posts

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This one from ebay was declared as a redial on another forum, but this was what I was talking about.

I've seen those before, but none ever with the logo in place of the 6 o'clock marker. I was looking for similar examples to mine.

I nicely asked the seller about this and he has not answered me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts