WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
That's great....

I've been casually looking at indoor RC helicopters for about a year now....there's some cool stuff coming out lately.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Congrats Dingo, cool present.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Re: That's great....

I've been casually looking at indoor RC helicopters for about a year now....there's some cool stuff coming out lately.
Is it possible to look at RC toys casually ;-)

I have been obsessed with RC since my childhood days. I have never entered the world of RC customization, rather, I prefer to buy off-the-shelf and see how much battle damage I can inflict.

I really want a new RC 4x4, but my current one, the Nikko Scorpion III, is more than ten years old and simply will not die. I have tried to kill it. It has been run down the cement stairs in front of my house maybe 100 times, flips and rolls, no damage. I have strapped my bike LED to it for nighttime runs into curbs and parked cars. We strap GI Joe and Hermie from the Rudolph cartoon in the back and smash into walls, climb rocky terrain until the action figures have tire marks on their faces (yes, it has rubber tires!).

Most recently, I took the Scorpion up on the roof with GI Joe in back (the same place from which I launched my G-700D during the torture test) and revved it over the falls and onto the walkway below. The force of impact caused GI Joe's head to pop off, but the Scorpion drove away relatively unscathed.

Lately I've been eyeing those gigantic New Bright Land Rovers at Target, the ones with the dual 19.2 V motors. I love the huge scale of these, but the tires look plastic. I suspect that I won't be able to hold out much longer. It may be time to put the Scorpion out to pasture before I push my luck too far.

I have seen these indoor helicopters and I want one as well.

cheers

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Re: That's great....

Steelkit...I have a feeling that you might be the most popular Dad with all the kids in your neighborhood.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Hi Dingo,

Cool toy, I'm afraid nothing in our house would be save if it fell in my (clumbsy) hands. I got this RC car from a friend and fellow G-Shock collector for helping him out. I have large smooth floors at my school, so it is a very funny gadget.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts