WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any vendors that sell the Hermes straps without the watch? Most of the ones I see on eBay are watch included...

·
Registered
733 Posts
I doubt it, at least through authorized dealers—Apple and Hermès certainly don’t. The Hermès branded watch has a Hermès branded dial. While Hermès can’t make users use their dial, they probably would rather you do.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
was hoping maybe someone who purchased or received the Hermes watch as a gift maybe would sell them. Or perhaps some vendor would be able to source them separately from Hermes....

·
Registered
17,858 Posts
You don't want one of the imitation straps? I know there's someone making one like the Double Tour, and there are other cuff straps, too.

·
Registered
17,858 Posts
Half the appeal — or more than half, IMO — of the Hermes watch is the strap itself. If I were to drop the cash for the package, there's no way I would sell off the strap.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've seen quite a few chinese versions of this double tour strap. Check Alibaba, you might be able to request a sample from a supplier and pay tops 40-50USD for one. Can't guarantee if the quality will be top notch, but you'll definitely have the look going on.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Most of the double-wrap straps I’ve seen have been thin—thin in width, thin in thickness. Overall, it’s very underwhelming with a single-wrap look and downright disappointing with a double-wrap look. But kudos to anyone who can find a quality double-wrap strap.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bump...anyone else know of any retailers? As scentedlead stated, all of the ones I've seen on eBay are so underwhelming

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have seen Hermes straps at Marios in Portland Oregon. They were willing to sell them separately. These were normal type straps for fitting with spring bars. I have no idea if they can get Apple Watch straps though. Worth an email.

·
Registered
17,858 Posts
Selling the bands separately makes the most sense for Hermes Watch owners, especially the new colors and textures. I felt a little weird about the Hermes deal as it was, but I wasn't aware of why -- selling only complete watches made people commit to a particular combo.

Bet they sell more of these bands than the watches.

Oh yeah -- just in time for Mother's Day, too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts