WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

201 - 220 of 380 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Most people will probably not even notice or care. I wore my Doxa orange faced Professional for years at work and elsewhere and only had a handful of people comment about it over the years and that watch is hard to miss.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
To wear, or not to wear, that is the question. So what's the answer? I must have missed it :D

On a more serious note it reminded me of a thread on one of Porsche forums where it was a long and eventually closed thread about whether or not to drive your Porsche to work. Some said you should not, some said it all depends on your work and some others said you should drive what you like and do not care. I am in the last group. People who judge you by what you drive or what watch you wear aren't the sharpest pencil in a box. It is other qualities of yours which make the difference.
That's what measuring sticks are for

bro 50,OoO

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I am still in the "wear your Rolex, no one will notice, and if they notice they should not care" category. Reading through it all I'm aware enough to know people will still sometimes notice and silently judge us for it, for the Porsche, for the other nice things we have. They will likely never act on it, but as long as you are okay wearing and driving what you like knowing that silent treatment will possibly happen, then accept it and enjoy.

·
Banned
1,225 Posts
I am still in the "wear your Rolex, no one will notice, and if they notice they should not care" category. Reading through it all I'm aware enough to know people will still sometimes notice and silently judge us for it, for the Porsche, for the other nice things we have. They will likely never act on it, but as long as you are okay wearing and driving what you like knowing that silent treatment will possibly happen, then accept it and enjoy.
The people who care don't matter, the people who matter don't care.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Want to see your 997 Turbo please :)

·
Registered
769 Posts
For the Porsche they sometimes act :) I have almost daily some people racing me, esp. Priuses and Tesla 3s. And I can understand. It is all friendly " I lke your car , Bro" signs :) On days I drive my Miata I too have an urge to race when I sit next to a new 911 on the light :). Over many years driving my 911s I get used to it, so I accept the active treatment and sure the silent ones. And there are very fast Priuses out there, mind you :)

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
I always wear a Rolex at work. It's usually the most tasteful watch in the office. The other day, Paul Allen from marketing visited mergers and acquisitions, and I was horrified when people complimented his Apple Watch, seeming to prefer it to my timepiece. So I invited him up to my apartment, spread the style section out on the floor, donned a clear raincoat, and slaughtered him with an axe. I'm sorry, what was the question again? Yes, you should wear a Rolex at work... Because you want to fit in. Honestly, I don't really care. You're not terribly important to me.

·
Registered
9,021 Posts
No one will ever notice the watch you are wearing, other than another watch enthusiast...
Erm, not strictly true. My wife often notices. I always receive the same response. 'Not another new watch, how many watches do you need?!!'. :roll: :-d

·
Premium Member
4,190 Posts
Erm, not strictly true. My wife often notices. I always receive the same response. 'Not another new watch, how many watches do you need?!!'. :roll: :-d
My wife gave up a long time ago - she thinks they all look the same now. :-d

·
Registered
124 Posts
My wife stated the same thing. I replied, I will always want one more...

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
That's funny. My wife is the same but I see that comment as her letting me know that she is just another watch enthusiast..... because she notices.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
I'm sorry, what was the question again? Yes, you should wear a Rolex at work... Because you want to fit in. Honestly, I don't really care. You're not terribly important to me.
As the original poster, I am crushed that I am not terribly important to you, I thought for sure that I was. After #211 posts, I was beginning to lose hope. And now you have confirmed my growing fears. What can I do to get back into your good graces? I only hope that you will be more gentle with the emotions of the 53,732 other threads on this site just waiting to hear back from you.

P.S. If I wanted to fit in, I would not even wear a watch since nobody else does.

·
Registered
9,021 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: BarracksSi and mav
201 - 220 of 380 Posts