WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to purchase a Heuer 510.500 chrono and I was wondering about the value. It has quite a bit of wear, but functions well. I think it's around 1986 vintage. The bracelet is not original, but that's not an issue for me. Any help on the value would be great.
thx
Kris

Attachments

·
Registered
18,181 Posts
Check eBay. We don't do valuations. One pic is insufficient.

It is a nice Lemania 5100 based chrono. The bracelet may not be original. Certainly not NOS. Fading of the chrono hand's red/orange color. All these and more influence the price.

I think onthedash.com tries to do a running 'market' price on this chrono. But that's really just a guess.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I wasn't looking for a complete appraisal, more just a ballpark figure based on experience with the brand. I am tempted to offer $100 and see what he says. I don't want to insult him, but it definitely needs a few $$$ put into it before it's up to snuff. That's the only pic I have from the seller right now. I am going to set up a meeting with him and take a look at it in person.

·
Registered
18,181 Posts
A pristine NOS is rare and would go for more than 1K. Anything working goes for the middle to high hundreds depending...

I have one encased by Heuer for Torneau. Pretty good condition. PVD. I paid $700. That was almost exactly a year ago. Hummmmm... time to put it out again.

These are very nice movements, far better than the more common 7750s.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I like these watches a lot, and regret having sold the one that I had. I posted an article a while back about these watches and their value:

http://www.calibre11.com/2009/09/18/crystal-ball-the-big-price-movers-for-2010/

A few notes:
- This is one of the early date only watches (later had day/ date)
- Eeeb is right- bracelet is incorrect...and hard to find the original
- Check that it hasn't been re-polished- very hard to tell from that photo
- Ref should be 510.500, as you say. Make sure that its not a PVD watch that has been stripped (well, not that its a matter of life and death, but nice to know)

You don't see a lot of these around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts