WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Heuer Model 7710 Stopwatch from around 1970. I recently had it cleaned and adjusted (it was not working) and it is working fine with one exception. The second hand will not reset all the way back to "0". It starts and stops just fine but when you reset it, it only goes to about 2 seconds. The repairman has worked on military and other precision stopwatches but is not familiar with Heuer models. He was able to clean it and make some adjustments but is hesitant to do anymore to correct the problem without some guidance. He suggested I find a manual for the watch with a troubleshooting guide -- the guide would most likley have a a suggestion for this fix. He indicated it could be something simple but is cautious.

Does anyone have any suggestions or by chance have a manual for the Heuer 7710 with the troubleshooting section? If so, could you send a copy of the text for this fix.

Thank you.

P.S. I came across this site searching for this answer but am glad I did. I am a relatively novice collecter and have a Vinatge LeCoultre desk clock, Antique Waltham pocket watch, a Jaeger-LeCoultre dash clock, and several other watches and clocks in my collection. This appears to be a great site to learn more. Thank you!|>

·
Premium Member
36,117 Posts
You might try posting this request in the "Pocket Watch and vintage" section of this forum for more responses.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
As I recall, the reset hearts on these are mounted on the hands, which are technically part of the dial.

First check to make sure the hammers are going "full-throw". Second, make sure the hand is correctly oriented to the heart.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts