WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say hi from Toronto Canada. I just returned from some travels through Europe and Ive decided to begin my learning journey in the world of timepieces.

I have seen some of the most amazing creations in some of the watch shops of Amsterdam, Italy, Greece & Croatia. It inspired me to grow a collections...

SO much to learn though....

Anyway - Hi!

Cheers.

me

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From the watches that I can recall really noticing....

1. Grand Seiko Divers Spring Drive
2. Rolex Submariner Green
3. Patek (forgot the model name) but was amazing
4. One of Alain Silberstein's Black watches
5. Rado Skeleton Watch
6. Bremont Divers watch (marine?)

I think there was also a steinhart and a Ball watch.

Amazing stuff.

·
Registered
17,054 Posts
From the watches that I can recall really noticing....

1. Grand Seiko Divers Spring Drive
2. Rolex Submariner Green
3. Patek (forgot the model name) but was amazing
4. One of Alain Silberstein's Black watches
5. Rado Skeleton Watch
6. Bremont Divers watch (marine?)

I think there was also a steinhart and a Ball watch.

Amazing stuff.
Suitably enlightened then I see. Gooood!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Nodelicious,

I am also a newbie...living in Oakville, Ontario (about half an hour from Toronto for those outside the GTA).

I have always had a fascination with automatic watches and luckily stumbled across WUS a few weeks back and have learnt a lot just from scrolling through threads. Already made my first purchase from the sales corner and had a great experience with the watch arriving quickly and in great condition. My first purchase had personal strings as it was an Ebel Sportwave Diver that I had really liked when I tried it on in an AD shop several years ago and it has been glued to my wrist for several days now. Sure it will be the first of many acquistions over the coming months and years :)

Cheers

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Welcome to the forum man! From the looks of it you've already been exposed to some pretty awesome timepieces. Save yourwallet now before it's too late :p

If you don't mind my asking, did you by any chance come across a brand named "Rexstar" while you were in Greece? The last time I went to there about 10 yeas ago I had not yet been exposed to the world of watches but my dad picked up two pieces from that brand that are really unique and have held up pretty darn well for the use they've gotten. I've never seen them outside of Greece in the few times I've visited so thats why I ask. For all i know they may be a Greek brand sold only within the country. Anyways welcome to the forum mate! Hope to see some awesome wrist shots when you inevitably get some new watches.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nope - didn't bump into that brand while in Greece - would have been cool by the sounds of it.

Tons of other great stuff tho while in Athens. Tons of seiko!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Just wanted to say hi from Toronto Canada. I just returned from some travels through Europe and Ive decided to begin my learning journey in the world of timepieces.

I have seen some of the most amazing creations in some of the watch shops of Amsterdam, Italy, Greece & Croatia. It inspired me to grow a collections...
Greetings from another Ontarian! I know the feeling having just returned from a business trip to Bulgaria which despite having 2/3rds the population of Ontario has a watch culture and selection that puts our retailers to shame.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts