WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 122 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Just a quick update and some iPhone snaps... Mine is now back from service and looking good... it got a new movement/module (in addition to a new crown and one pusher plus the other testing/shoring up they do), but I don't know if it's the thermocompensated one! Not a big deal, just curious. Comforting to know now this will run solid for years to come.

Cheers,
HBL
I don't know if it will be the same for your watch, but before I sent my Gen2 in for service the backlight was definitely blue. When it came back with a confirmed Cal. 1666D thermocompensated replacement movement, the backlight is now green.

So, if your backlight used to be blue, but is now green, you probably have the TC movement. ;-)

HTH

·
Registered
8,523 Posts
Nice! Wearing my Gen 1 with same strap right now.
I saw your post on that, glad it worked out for you!

I don't know if it will be the same for your watch, but before I sent my Gen2 in for service the backlight was definitely blue. When it came back with a confirmed Cal. 1666D thermocompensated replacement movement, the backlight is now green.

So, if your backlight used to be blue, but is now green, you probably have the TC movement. ;-)

HTH
Thanks very much, hadn't heard that one before. Here's a before/after comparison on mine, look like yours?:

Before service:

After service:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I didn't even realize that they were putting those in the X-33s! Mine went in for service about a year and a half ago and it's a green backlight!

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
I saw your post on that, glad it worked out for you!

Thanks very much, hadn't heard that one before. Here's a before/after comparison on mine, look like yours?:

Before service:

After service:
Well ... the two "After service" pics look like blue on the left and green on the right. Mine looks like the one on the right - definitely green and not the very distinctive blue it was before service.

HTH

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
I didn't even realize that they were putting those in the X-33s! Mine went in for service about a year and a half ago and it's a green backlight!
I want to be very careful with my comments. I know for sure that mine has the Cal. 1666D TC movement and that it has a green backlight now, but had a blue backlight with the old movement.

I do NOT know whether the Cal. 1666D TC movement is the ONLY movement version with a green backlight. So I cannot make the statement that a green backlight is a definitive descriminator for the Cal. 1666D TC movement.

HTH

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I want to be very careful with my comments. I know for sure that mine has the Cal. 1666D TC movement and that it has a green backlight now, but had a blue backlight with the old movement.

I do NOT know whether the Cal. 1666D TC movement is the ONLY movement version with a green backlight. So I cannot make the statement that a green backlight is a definitive descriminator for the Cal. 1666D TC movement.

HTH
Sure, I understand. If I remember correctly, there's not actually any marking on the movement itself specifying the version. So I suppose there's not really any way for me to know. I'll keep doing research to see if there's a better way to distinguish versions.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Mine's getting a full service at the NYC Boutique here and I'll get the watch hopefully back this week or next and can bring light to the TC movement (if they replaced mine).

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Actually, gaijin (or anyone else with a confirmed 1666D) - could you see if the movement is marked as such or just simply as "1666"? I seem to recall that mine was the latter.

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Actually, gaijin (or anyone else with a confirmed 1666D) - could you see if the movement is marked as such or just simply as "1666"? I seem to recall that mine was the latter.
I'm in no hurry to open up my freshly serviced watch ... but will definitely take a picture during the next battery change (or if my patience runs out, when I calibrate the movement ;-)).

HTH

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I'll add some close-ups to change it up a bit

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I like mine even more now that it's back from service with a new Cal. 1666D Thermo-compensated movement:

;-)
TC X-33? I must have been under a rock, in the desert... :(

P.S. I did end up with another X-33. This one I found in Bahrain at an AD. It is a Gen 1 that had been in their inventory since 1998. Same strap that you have in your pic, ( I really like that strap) but it was falling apart with age. I picked it up at a VERY good price, AND I have a factory warranty too, since the watch is from an AD and sold as new. :p (But a TC movement now? CRAZY!)

Pics or it didn't happen right?

P.P.S. I just noticed that the warranty card has an RFID chip (I assume)... You can see the bubble/bump under the 'do not throw away' symbol. How cool is that? (The AD had to get me a new warranty card from Omega, so I got the card about five or six months after I purchased the watch.)

Attachments

·
Registered
631 Posts
From the technical guide on Cousin UKs site they list versions A, B and C for cal. 1666

When I opened up my X-33 it's a cal. 1666B which is listed as a 'limited edition'. Weird as the B version is the same as the special 'Americas Cup' edition limited to 12.

Screen shot 2012-06-28 at 4.02.06 PM.jpg

·
6,880 Posts
Steve - where do you see the letter reference on the movement? Mine is going to need a battery change soon so I'll check it out when I install the new battery.

James - congrats on the new X-33! That's an awesome find. I bought the same kevlar strap that you have on yours now but it came with black stitching...weird.

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
21 - 40 of 122 Posts