WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OT(off topic)

I have many Gs for the tough dirty work, so that isn't really a factor. Keep in mind I have a blingy Breitling already.

I guess I want ur opinion on which one because I can't really decide! I have owned the chrono quartz aquaracer before and it was great. Dont know if I should get it again or one of the other 2 choices?

They are all available in blk dials. Quartz or auto isn't really a deciding factor either. So , ur input is greatly appreciated. I know, I know the final vote will be my own but still value ur opinion.

here are the 3 choices

and here is the breitling I own now.

I asked this vary question in the Tag forum aswell BUT thought ur opinion was just as valuable! Since this group is very Watch savy and WIS to the core!!!:-d

thanks guys and gals,
316L

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Hi,
take the Link - it's something special - mainly because of the bracelet. But it also got the best looks. The last one looks like a mixture between an Omega Seamaster and a Rolex SUB. The second one looks to "normal" (boring) and I don't like the red and green logo. The logo on the Link looks much nicer IMO.

Greetings, Sedi:)

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
You can disregard my answer because the only Tags I like are the Heuer remakes.

The bracelet on no. 1 looks contrived, and when I look at the upper sub-dials I see a gas-mask.

No. 2 looks disproportionately wide, and the hands get lost in the sub-dials.

No. 3, as has been said, looks like a cross between a Sub and a Seamaster, but doesn't turn me off to the same degree as 1 and 2. It is also the only one with 'at a glance' legibility.

I'm not sure that any of them are successful designs, to be honest, but if pushed would go for no. 3.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
None, I would wait out for a Seamaster, I have TAG & Omega and the Seamaster is in a different league IMHO.

Q-6

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
I must admit I am not a fan of modern Tags.

If you like chronos and have an open mind why not consider something like this. It is better in nearly every respect including build quality. It feels awesome on the wrist.

Mitch

·
Registered
377 Posts
Mitch i have to agree with you. Those tags just don't do it for me and that MRG looks sweet. especially the lume shot |>

·
Banned
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mitch, mitch, mitch (LOL)
I knew someone would try to change me to a G!!!!
Don't worry ,I am sure I'll get one of those too eventually! LOL

·
Banned
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
None, I would wait out for a Seamaster, I have TAG & Omega and the Seamaster is in a different league IMHO.

Q-6

Thanks Q-6,
No need to wait for a seamaster. I have had a blk dialed and a blue dialed seamater before(many times infact) I agree 100% in a league of there own for sure BUT I was wanting the softer lines of the TAG versus the more sharp lines of the Seamaster. The all brushed look is also a different look than the blingy Breitling.

·
Registered
37,143 Posts
Now that we're moving away from the Tags, when are you getting that Hammy mate??

You know you want it buddy....;-)

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Unlike some of my colleagues, I like some of the modern TAGs. I was particularly fond of the original "Formula One" watches -- both the little mid size versions and the largers chronos.

I would vote for the Acqua Racer, because it seems quintessentially TAG to me. I like the Link for women, but I just don't love those lines on a man's watch. No. 3's design is too close to a Rolex Submariner and a million other virtually identical "diving" watches.

Just my $.02

·
Banned
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kiwidj,
U had to do it! get me all hot and bothered over the Hammy! but will it have the same effect without the red zapatos!?!!

·
Registered
689 Posts
personally i don't think any of those 3 watches stand out from the crowd. they look very normal. i really like the watch you got on right now. the MRG is really nice too.

but if you had to get one, i hope you get the one you like the most and forget all other opinions.

because in this case, only YOUR opinion matter.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I'm normally not a big fan of Tag designs, but that Link is truly beautiful. I spent about 10 minutes eying that same watch at Macys the other day. Very impressive.

The Link easily gets my vote. #2 just doesn't do it for me, and #3 looks like every other dive watch. Who wants a watch that looks like every other manufacturer's watch?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts