WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
... watches from Iceland. :)
http://www.jswatch.com/
I'd want them to be a bit more precise about the origin of their movements though...
They look interesting, they do say " The movements of each watch are mechanical and produced specifically for the Company in Switzerland." ..... I wonder if that's the Switzerland in China I've heard about :think: ..... :-d

There are so many companies producing watches like this these days with German cases and Swiss movements, as you say it's difficult to asses value without a little more info on the movements and any modifications ... nice looking though.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They look interesting, they do say " The movements of each watch are mechanical and produced specifically for the Company in Switzerland." ..... I wonder if that's the Switzerland in China I've heard about :think: ..... :-d
Indeed. It's the 'produced specifically' that arouses my suspicion. ETA don't 'produce specifically', but purveyors of refinished Seagull movements might do.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i can find out more about the movement if you want ? :)
A mark on the movement saying 2824-2 would be encouraging. Or 'Sellita' maybe. 'Swiss Made' by itself doesn't always mean quite what it used to...

But don't go to any trouble, I'm only mildly curious, and was mostly interested to see if you knew of them.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I forgot the most important bit - they are new WUS sponsors...

New sponsor: JS Watch Co from Iceland
JS Watch co. is having a trial for 3 months....

Their banner is shown in Homepage, Public forum, SC for manufacturers, News page, Manufacturers page and Sponsors page.

Please make our new sponsor feel at home and let our members know about them.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Islandus XII for me. Bit big though.

They're not shy of showing the movements, so they might be mighty fine.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Good news, Tribe.

Many thanks to all the good people that make possible our online community. :-!

@ Gresco,

Actually I like the 1919 model. Are they available on line? Any info on prices? :think:
i think they are quite expensive i dont know if they are available online but you can contact them trough the webpage and i am sure they will give you the price and let you know if you can buy them online. i only know that this is a wery respected watchmaker in iceland but i have never been in the shop to see those watches live but hey i might go today after work :think:

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
i think they are quite expensive i dont know if they are available online but you can contact them trough the webpage and i am sure they will give you the price and let you know if you can buy them online. i only know that this is a wery respected watchmaker in iceland but i have never been in the shop to see those watches live but hey i might go today after work :think:
I've sent an enquiry, and I'll post it when I receive the reply. :thanks

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I found a reference to their movements being made by a firm that can trace its roots back to 1793. It implied a small craftsman enterprise, but this means we are talking about ETA.

Movements = |>

The cases are made in Pforzheim, which is likely to mean Fricker, Ickler, or someone like that.

Cases = |>

With the amount of decoration on the movements, and the quality of the cases and dials, these are likely to be expensive...

Their trial sponsorship must be going quite well - loads of hits today. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.